I stayed at the Westport Woods Hotel in early June this year with my mother as we were in Westport fora wedding. We found it to be quite lovely and fitted our needs perfectly. It's not a new hotel by any means but I know my mother especially prefers this, she has a thing against "modern" hotels. When we arrived there was ample car parking and the grounds looked very pretty. The check-in was efficient and the receptionists were very friendly and welcoming. It was a bit of a trek to our room though through a labyrinth of seemingly never ending corridors but when we got there the room was good. It was we presumed in the older part of the hotel, the sofa was a bit sun bleached but the beds were obviously new and very comfortable. The room contained everything we needed, tv, tea and coffee making facilities and was very clean.
We had buffet breakfast each morning which was perfect as one could take as much or as little as they liked and the food was always perfectly cooked. We had one evening meal in the restaurant which was again very tasty but the best thing about the restaurant was definitely the staff, they were all extremely friendly (but not pushy) especially the restaurant manager. I really cannot praise the staff of this hotel enough they are all wonderful.
My mother sampled the leisure center and thoroughly enjoyed it and again she commented on how nice the staff were.
I do however have two gripes to make about this hotel. One is the very long walk from reception to our room I've never experienced it before but it was fine for us we like walking and two the shower managed to flood the entire bathroom even though I had the shower curtain tucked into the bath. The water pressure was very good though which may have been what caused the problem. Overall though I really liked this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere charming and quiet to stay in Westport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport