“Incredibly friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin
“Incredibly friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I recently stayed here with my parents, husband and children and we had a lovely time. The kids loved the pool and my parents appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I have some food intolerances - wheat, dairy etc. - and was hugely impressed when a chef, Ronnie, asked me each breakfast time what I could eat for dinner that night and would then prepare something specially for me. We'll be back!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I have just booked a return holiday to the Westport Woods Hotel stayed over Easter with my family and we had a great holiday.Super rooms really comfortable beds,lovely food,good entertainment and the best kids club I have come across it was brilliant my children really enjoyed it and wanted to return.The leisure centre is excellent and spa is worth a visit,we got a special deal on our treatments it was great value felt very pampered after it especially after a long relax in the outdoor hot tub.
We loved Westport town it has loads to offer for families its definately not to be missed.
Overall it was the staff that were to bring me back on a return visit they are so friendly and really looked after us its a credit to the hotel.
Looking forward to my return

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

The hotel was really great. The key thing was the customer service skills and friendliness of the staff, nothing was too much trouble. The culture of the hotel was dictated by the owner Michael, who was a fantastic host and a pleasure to meet. His knowledge of the area was superb which gave us wonderful experiences when we went horse riding. His personality made the experience as he was great fun, an excellent horseman and really knowledgable about all things equine. The spa facilities were lovely which added to some well earned relaxation after our riding. I will definately be returning to Westport Woods and would recommend it to anyone wishing to visit this part of Ireland, especially with an interest in horses.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

I was travelling around Ireland by myself and went to a travel expo to try to find a good horse riding holiday. There I met Michael, the Manager of the hotel. He arranged my stay, booked my rides, picked me up from the bus upon arrival in Westport, drove me to the airport at the end of my stay and peronally looked after me throughout the duration of my holiday.
I had the BEST rides. A 2 hour trek through the hills and trails, the rain drizzling, the horses hooves clopping along on the bitumen roads and then picking their way through the farmers fields. I saw donkeys, sheep, cows, horses, villagers, the most magnificent scenery. Then the next day a 3 hour ride along the ocean front, through the surf, along the sand, galloping, strolling through the shallow water, swimming across a deeper channel perched on top of the horses back trying not to get TOO wet!.
It was a wnderful adventure and one I can highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

Great weekend in Westport at the Westport Woods Hotel. Very warm welcome, fantastic horses and riding, awesome beaches. Very friendly people. Good, comfortable hotel with great facilities. Definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

Westport Woods hotel has 2 very different sides to it.. I went there recently with my little son & the hotel is extremely clean but our room was so out of fashion is was laughable, then while checking out we noticed all the rooms on the other side of the corridor were beautifull, flat screen telly while ours was so tiny & aincent with no batteries in the remote. bed linen was bright & colourfull while ours was bland. Carpets were new while ours was very well worn.. so all in all there was a clear difference made on who you were & i wouldn't stay here again or recommend it unless you had viewed your room in advance, also breakfast was very over priced at €14 so we went into town & had our breakfast for under €10 & it was delicious.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael Lennon, General Manager/Owner at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Dera Nancydrew22

Thank you for your recent comments upon Tripadvisor Reviews of my hotel and particularly your compliments with regard to our cleanliness. My accommodation team work very hard at keeping the hotel spotless

I would like to add my comments about your Review title that 'it is not all it says it is'...

We offer a number different standards of bedroom, mini suite, delux bedrooms and standard bedrooms. They are all offered to our customers at different rates, depending upon occupancy levels and the time of year. They all have similar linen and pillow standards, and the deluxe bedrooms plus the mini suites have new bed throws. Some of the larger family rooms have couches also.

Our own web site show the most up to date pictures and explainations of each room type and the rates that apply at any particular time.

The web site also explains that we offer a free leisure centre to all our guests, have a free go!kids! Club for our younger guests, free entertainment in our Bench Cafe Bar and offer reduced rates for the best beach horse trekking in Ireland.

I understand that you bought a room only rate, we offer a choice of a continental breakfast rate for Euro 10.00, and a full Irish Breakfast for Euro 14.00 with its extra choice of bacon, eggs, sausages, black & white pudding, kippers, hash browns, poached and scrambled eggs.

I look forward to discussing your comments further and how I can communicate better the many extras that we offer to our guests.

Kind regards
Michael Lennon
westmeath
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

disappointing stay in the westport woods hotel! Firstly a little enthusiasum from staff would go a long way. we were told that there was no booking under my name, only for i was able to present my confirmation were we entertained. disappointed with the room their old and dingy. no heat on either. i queried this with reception, an hour later we were still sitting in a cold room. i sent my partner down a second time. another hour passed with no heat, no phone call & no visit from any member of staff. eventually heating worked. A shower that would burn the bottom off you. the control for the temperature was broke. didn't bother telling a member of staff as what was the point? they only ignore you anyway. had an appointment in spa for a treatment. arrived 20 mins early as stated in their brochure, only to be told that there was no appointment in the book for me that reception must have forgotten to pass on message simple as!?! overall westport is beautiful, loved the town itself & will definatelly return, but not to the westport woods hotel

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michael Lennon, General Manager/Owner at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Dear Pinky 2010

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

I am disappointed that you feel that my colleagues lack enthusiasm and were not motivated well enough to look after your requests. This is not a frequent comment that I receive from my guests, usually my colleagues are complimented upon their friendly service and helpfulness.

Nevertheless I recently wrote to you through Tripadvisor messaging but have not yet received a reply. I would have liked to discuss your comments further and try to understand how we could learn from your experiences.

Your comments will help motivate us to improve our services to you our guests and I value all positive and negative comments which help drive continual improvements and a more enjoyable overall experience.

Hopefully you will give me a second chance and revisit my hotel sometime in the near future particularly as you enjoy our beautiful town Westport and its surroundings.

Regards Michael Lennon