“Weddings”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ballaghaderreen, Roscommon, Ireland
“Weddings”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

What can we say its fantastic for a wedding the staff and management were amazing, its a beautiful location with a love area at the back for pictures, everyone enjoyed it and everyone thought the staff we're very nice to deal with, they thought of everything fantastic we would highly recommend it x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HumanResoucesManager, Manager at Westport Woods Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Niamh R,

Thank you for your review of your experience here with us at the Westport Woods Hotel.

Weddings are very important to us and to read such high praise for our services, and of course, our staff, is indeed a pleasure. Many thanks for your very kind comments.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Ballinamore, Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed in Westport Woods Hotel for 3 nights, Sunday to Wednesday. Would highly recommend the hotel to friends and Family. All staff were helpful and friendly and the lounge was very clean and warm when you entered the hotel. Food was lovely with a good choice of menu. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would not hesitate to return to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rosemary T,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel throughout your stay. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great boost. They all join me in thanking you for sharing you appreciation with us.

I do hope that is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to BWP Hotel.

Yours sincerely
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been there very late night. The reception was very helpful and the breakfast was nice.I stayed for the good sleep that I had a nice trip to Archill Island.We figure out the problem with heating and hair-dryer.I think the wifi only can use in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Angel H,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Westport Woods Hotel, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed our hotel.

Please let us know if we can do anything to make your next stay as memorable an occasion.

Kind regards
dublin
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I Should have listened to the reviews about the rooms on this site. The rooms are as they say, very tired and dated. The original room we were put in was tiny - as there are 5 of us, we moved room, to a slightly larger room, with a view of a brick wall - that aside it is even more dated and tired than the original room - dirty, stained carpets, 2 towels between 5 of us, no phone in room to ring reception to ask for towels, no signal on mobile phone to ring reception, only 1 room key between us - think 'fawlty towers'!!! I asked I there were any free inter-connecting rooms on the 4th floor as this floor seems to be more recently updated and I was told I would have to pay more - I don't think I'll be giving them any more money, thanks. All that and we're only here an hour. It's a pity because the hotel has potential. Would love to hear what the manager has to say!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank brona b
Galway
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We invited my brother and sister from boston and perth to I reland for xmas . The families were 6- 8 children and the welcome and entertainment were exceptional. They have a kids club there and the hotel food was second to none .I would recommend this family hotel to to anyone who wish to have a hassle free holiday The staff recommmend the attached leisur centre and the rooms were comfortable and showers were hot. Thank you for a great holiday and seee yoy soon.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jmcgloin-galway,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at BWP Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed all aspects of our hotel from start to finish.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and service, it truly is a boost to read a review like this. I appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our bedrooms and the kids club.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards
Dublin
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited here at the weekend. All the staff we met were very friendly especially the reception staff, couldn't be more helpful and very welcoming. From the reviews I had read here I called the hotel and requested an upgraded room, unfortunately we did not get an upgraded room. The location is very convenient for town and as we were climbing Croagh Patrick it was on the right side of the town. We arrived into the room and it was clean but very very dated. The curtains were at least 30 years old, patterned and very unattractive as was the bedroom furniture. Very old and not really suitable for a hotel room. The hair dryer and TV were good though. Bathroom, again was clean but very old and certainly no frills, the towels were an off white/overused colour. One of the plugs was an old plug so could not be used for any appliances we had.

The breakfast was nice, well as nice as a buffet breakfast can be, we had to time it well as otherwise the food would be reheated, again the plates were very old and scratched.

Overall, I don't think I would recommend this hotel. The room was very big which was great but the decor was really unattractive, the rooms are not soundproof so I didn't get much sleep, I was awoken at 6am by a group knocking on doors to wake up other people.. However the staff stood out for me as being very pleasant and the location is good. We didn't pay much for the room but I feel like it is such a competitive market especially in Westport that if you search around you would get a much newer nicer place for a weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

On arrival I was impressed with how the hotel reception area was presented however this all changed when I got to the room which I feel was very dated and really in need of an upgrade. Particularly the bathroom which just really looked worn and the sink took about 30 mins to release water. We had breakfast included but this was very poor and was always cold (even on the day we had to order from the floor staff). Each night reception was full of pensioners playing bingo which made us feel like this was a no go area during this time. The bar area in fairness did seem to have a good atmosphere (whilst football was on). The travel cot was not in the room when we got there so we had to ask for it even though we had requested this at time of booking and it was indeed on the record. When it was brought to us it can only be described as absolutely filthy and we had to request a replacement which surprised me that we had to ask in the first place as anyone should have seen how dirty this was.
I visited a few other hotels when in Westport and certainly feel that there is others that are competitively priced in comparison and would definitely say that I wouldn't stay at Westport woods again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family