On arrival I was impressed with how the hotel reception area was presented however this all changed when I got to the room which I feel was very dated and really in need of an upgrade. Particularly the bathroom which just really looked worn and the sink took about 30 mins to release water. We had breakfast included but this was very poor and was always cold (even on the day we had to order from the floor staff). Each night reception was full of pensioners playing bingo which made us feel like this was a no go area during this time. The bar area in fairness did seem to have a good atmosphere (whilst football was on). The travel cot was not in the room when we got there so we had to ask for it even though we had requested this at time of booking and it was indeed on the record. When it was brought to us it can only be described as absolutely filthy and we had to request a replacement which surprised me that we had to ask in the first place as anyone should have seen how dirty this was.
I visited a few other hotels when in Westport and certainly feel that there is others that are competitively priced in comparison and would definitely say that I wouldn't stay at Westport woods again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa