My fiancé and I stayed here for three nights at the end of October. We were really pleased with the hotel.
There is lots of parking out in front of the hotel. It was difficult enough to find a space on the Friday and Saturday night as there was live music in the bar and this attracted a big crowd. We also enjoyed this.
The hotel itself is lovely and the gardensare very pretty. It creates a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff are more than friendly and extremely helpful.
We were very happy with our room. It had modern facilities. It also had tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom is spacious and the shower is nice and powerful.
The swimming pool is of a good standard and also has a jacuzzi which we took great advantage of, a steam room and a sauna, There is a gym also which seemed well enough equipped.
We ate in both the bar and the restaurant and the food in both was delicious and of a high quality.
The hotel is reasonably priced and the location is good. It is a small distance outside the town, just down the road from Westport House.
This hotel we noticed caters really well for children and as it was mid-term break there were many families staying there. There is a very well run and carefully supervised kids club. I was very impressed when I saw the staff taking the regestration for the club asking each parent individually if their child/children had any medical problems they should know about and taking notes of everything. There is also a detailed time-table of the kids club displayed for each day, it seemed exciting and fun from what I read. It starts out with "a breafast train" at about 9.30am!
I would recommend this hotel for families or for a quiter stay out of the town. I did see one large hen party staying there however, who seemed to be enjoying themselves but not in a disruptive or annoying way!
Thank you for a lovely stay Westport Woods hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit us at the Westport Woods Hotel and Spa for a fun and relaxing holiday in the West of Ireland. We have a range of breaks to choose from family holidays (with free go!kids! club), themed, weekend and golden years/over 50's breaks. Our guests love the Beech Club Leisure Centre with it's swimming pool and gymnasium, the teen adventure activities on the seven acres of our private woodlands looking down upon Westport House Loch and the space to relax and enjoy a great holiday or break. Everyone enjoys the regular local evening entertainment in the Bench Café Bar. Our unique location helps us specialise in romantic and memorable Wedding Receptions, created and designed especially for each individual couple. Make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator and she will gladly show you what we have to offer you upon your Big Day. We offer one of the few approved hotel equestrian based holiday centres in Ireland, with excellent beach and mountain packages available all year round visiting areas in Clew Bay that very few visitors rarely get to see. Check out our current and best special offers on our web site. The hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes drive from Westport town centre on the Quay Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westport Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westport Woods Hotel Westport
- Westport Woods Hotel And Spa