“Great hotel in a great location!”

The Castlecourt Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This was my first stay in the Castlecourt but not my first to Westport. I was very impressed with the hotel, the staff and the leisure facilities. We stayed two nights and found the property to be of a much higher standard that I would expect for a three-star.

The bedroom was very large with two large double beds and a good-size bathroom with shower over a bath. It was all clean and of a good standard, if a little traditional in style. Our room didn't have much of a view and we did hear some delivery lorries in the morning but we were pleased with the value of our trip so didn't mind.

We used the leisure facilities twice and found them excellent. Staying in November meant the hotel was not terribly busy so I'm not sure what it would be like in peak summer months but the pool and surrounding area seemed perfect.

The inclusion of free wifi was a pleasant surprise and very useful when planning day trips out of Westport. Parking onsite and a very short walk to the town made this the perfect location.

All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending anyone to stay at the Castlecourt.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed December 1, 2010

Just spend a week in the Castlecourt Hotel, and what a week! From the time we checked in to the time we departed! There is nothing impossible to the staff, as they are so helpful in everyway! That also goes for the owners Joe & Ann and also Vinny. The male receptionist was outstanding in all of his duties, especially after our long drive to westport. This is our 11th year going down to The Castlecourt, twice a year, sometimes 3 times. We are really looking forward to going back in February 2011, and would highly recommend it to any one, the spa and leisure centre are a must vist! Food and service goes beyond saying, it was outstanding, well done to all involved!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank littlebagtrim
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Hi,
I am just back from a weekend in Westport where i organised a weekend away for a group of friends. I have to say from the moment i made contact with the Castlecourt Hotel they have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. The staff are so friendly and helpful. We ate in the hotel one of the nights and it was beautifulo. I could not recommend this hotel high enough for a group get together and would definitely go back.

Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 28, 2010

warm welcome at reception,the staff were so friendly and helpful, traveled with parents and partner. both rooms were warm and decorated fabulously, my room in particular was amazing we got such a treat, Amazing four poster bed, comfortable, slippers fluffy gowns, Jacuzzi bath spotlessly clean. we had a fab dinner on Friday in the merlot and we had dinner in the courtyard restaurant on saturday evening, both meals were different and gorgeous, very tasty. There was sea to summit on the same weekend and the atmosphere in the bar was lively and warm,

My mother and i had a very relaxing day in the thermal suite and the spa was so luxurious :) I have to compliment all staff, i have never encountered such courtesy and helpfulness, we all agreed , every corner was covered, Delighted with our stay.

we are currently deciding on a date to go back,

100% service all the way,

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doodles82
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stayed at the Castlecourt as part of a large group of adults and children. We booked a family room for two adults and two teenagers. The room was really nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. The room was also nice and warm. The staff on reception were friendly and efficient and dealt with a large amount of bookings calmly and politely. The staff in the restaurent were top class and nothing seemed too much trouble for them. The food was lovely. Myself and my friend are both vegetarians and we were really impressed with what we chose. Our teenagers really enjoyed the swimming pool. Finally, I loved all the artwork on display.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Myself and my partner stayed for a night in the Castlecourt this August.

We received a lovely welcome from the lady on reception, who explained about the hotel facilities including the free use of the swimming pool.

Our room was was on a corner, so very large in size. The room itself included a huge bed, arm chairs, desk, wardrobe, flat screen TV, Iron and Ironing board etc. It was well decorated and extremely clean. The bathroom was also impressive and included a jacuzzi bath tub.

We ate in the restaurant that evening and enjoyed the food very much. Top quality food and excellent service. Would highly recommend dining here.

The location is fantastic and we ventured out that evening for a few drinks in the local pubs. The hotel is literally a short stroll from the heart of Westport. It felt great to be able to walk back to the hotel instead of worrying about taxi's etc.

We had a few drinks in the hotel bar before bed and there was a brilliant atmosphere in the place. Very pleasant staff and great local crowd.

We enjoyed a great nights sleep, followed by an all inclusive breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was without doubt, the best I have ever had in a hotel. Wide variety and even a hot fry up served to you (beats a buffet style one any day).

We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough to our friends and family. The main cause of this hotels success is the fantastic staff, please keep up the high standard!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MolMurph
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I came to this hotel with friends for a wedding. All of the previously noted superlatives are true...great location, delicious food, fun pub, comfortable clean rooms and lovely grounds. Here's what I can add. I lost my sketch book and watercolors, with all the memories of my trip. I sent an e-mail to the staff when I got home and received a kind response from reception & housekeeping, saying they would look for my book. To my absolute surprise, my book arrive in the mail today, with a thoughtful note from the staff. It's people who make the difference, when you are having an adventure and far from home. The people at Castlecourt are top notch and will make the difference for you too!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends