The Castlecourt Hotel
  • Restaurant
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)
Hotel Westport(Westport)
1,822 results
All reviewsfour poster bedsister hotelcastle court hotelswimming poolleisure centrelovely hotelhen partydeluxe roomreception staffspa sulatop classwedding receptionwestport plazaboth nightsfamily breaklast weekendwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We found The hotel to be very Clean and Tidy. Our Room was very comfortable and The Staff were very pleasant. We found The Meals in The Restaurant to be very good indeed. The hotel is situated in The Town and there is plenty of Car Parking Spaces. We would think that this Hotel will take some beating for The Price.

1  Thank Macliz1714
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Recently stayed for a weekend in this hotel with my boyfriend. Restaurant lovely. Had a lovely time apart from the hens and stags screaming and roaring until about 5am on the street outside our window . We had a room at the front of the hotel .The noise on the street was ridiculous . I would advise anyone planning to stay there to demand a room at the back of the hotel or dont stay there.

2  Thank anitamahon2
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us here in The Castlecourt Hotel.
I was most concerned to read your comments in relation to the street noise which is regrettable as Westport is a beautiful town.
We have a superb location in the town and we are within walking distance of the main attractions.
We are glad that you had a lovely stay with us apart from this and I would like to assure you that we don't normally receive comments of this nature.

Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I availed of the midweek madness deal - 200 euro for the two of us for 2 B&B, 1 dinner plus a free bottle of wine. This was great value.
The hotel is quite modern and has a good central location in the very pretty town of Westport. Our room was good sized, enough room for a double and two single beds with space left over and plenty of drawer and wardrobe space etc. Spotlessly clean and all of the usual facilities like a well stocked tea tray, iron, hairdryer etc.
Our dinner in The Orchard Restaurant was delicious and a very pleasant surprise as hotel food can normally fall short of the mark. The service was efficient and very friendly and we found that this was the case with all staff.
We would definitely stay here again and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

1  Thank Driad
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I have just had such a great weekend staying in the Castlecourt Hotel in Westport with 20 of my friends for my hen I just had to write a review. I could not fault anything at all about the Hotel, the location is perfect, the rooms are spot on, the matresses are memory foam matresses, the staff are very helpful, the breakfast was fab (fruit salad, cereals, mini crossants/mini fruit danishes and a great choice of cooked breakfast), the leisure facilities are great (swimming pool and splash pool which were warm), we spent time in the thermal suite and the outdoor rock pool and had treatments in the Spa which were fantastic value. None of us had been in a thermal suite before and we were given a tour before being left to our own devices. The reservation staff were very patient...I contacted them them three months ago making the initial booking (which was for 30 people), andf I had to change the booking several times due to people cancelling, and they were very helpful every time I contacted them. I would highly reccommend this hotel to one and all. I was at a wedding in the Castlecourt two months ago and the food was just amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed in this hotel with my fiancé and young 3 month old baby. Booked it as part of their midweek madness deal.

Hotel is very clean and staff couldnt be more friendly. Didnt make use of the swimming pool but my other half used the Spa on one of the days,she had no complaints.

On the first night was woken twice by shouting coming from a room beside us, the screeching subsided after about 40 mins, didnt mind as I knew my baby would be waking and looking for a bottle in the early morning and she would help get them back :)

Breakfast was lovely and very tasty.

As part of the deal you get a free bottle of wine, but you must use this voucher when you dine at any of the restaurants in the hotel, we ate in the orchard restaurant once, they need to increase the size of their portions as I was more hungry after the dinner then at the start. Also I got a guiness beef stew dish for my main and it came on a flat plate, with one measly baby potatoe, stew's on any kind should come in a bowl.

We found a lovely restaurant in westport itself, its called JW Brasserie and its part of the Wyatt hotel which is right in the centre of the town, they do a very good deal. For €50 you can get a 3 course dinner for two with free bottle of wine. Food is delicious and so was the wine.

Westport itself is a lovely place and the people are very friendly, a good mix. Tourists and locals, went into a few of the "traditional pubs" and I have been to many places that say traditional Irish pub and then to go inside and find out that they are nothing of the sort, well these pubs were traditional Irish. Particularly liked Matt Molloys, lovely atmosphere about the place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family