“Great Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Fabulous place to stay. We arrived in Westport without accomodations and were very pleased here. The place was full except for one very small room wth a double bed. We took it without looking at it but the receptionist was concerned that we wouldn't like it as it was small. We didn't mind but were pleasantly surprised when he dropped the price without us even asking. It was cozy, but extremely clean and perfect for our one night there! Breakfast was great too and the hotel is within walking distance to everything!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erma R
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of The Castlecourt Hotel with other TripAdvisor users. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room cozy, clean and that breakfast was as you described great. We truly look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards
Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

As a combined birthday and Christmas present our family booked the golden years festival at the castlecourt for my parents for beginning of January. My dad loves staying at this hotel but we didn't know what they could expect from the festival. I got a phone call shortly after their arrival to say room was fantastic - four poster bed, great itinerary for the festival and their first meal was great. The rest of the week did not disappoint either, they had a ball and met some lovely people, danced plenty, ate plenty and had a few drinks! It was so good I was told to put up this review for them! So needless to say they'll be back to another festival. Maybe there will be computer classes next time so they can write their own review:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holidaygal44
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to learn that your parents enjoyed The Golden Years festival and I would like to thank you for posting the review on their behalf.
The Golden Years festival is a popular choice and is a fun filled break, packed with a large variety of different activities to cater for everyone.
I would like to thank you for sharing their experience with other tripadvisor users.
We greatly look forward to welcoming them back in the near future

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I recently planned a surprise 40th birthday party for my sister. She wanted to have her party in the Castlecourt Hotel but she was arranging for it in January. I slyly rearranged everything she done but had it in November. The best help I had with this was with Maria in reservations, she was amazing, I kept in touch with Maria who advised me that if anyone rang looking for a booking in January (if I missed any guests) she had advised them about it being in November. Talk about going the extra mile.
Then on check in with Alan at reception was so professional and smooth, he booked myself, niece and brother in law all at the same time and while I must say a very busy reception desk with other events looking to be checked in, to have such speed and manners, it's rare. Then on to the night itself, Keith the barman was brilliant, he kept conferring with the DJ for the food, the cake, speech etc (so the DJ knew to play music that suited the mood), he also made sure that everyone was satisfied at last orders. My own local doesn't have that personal touch... a little goes such a long way.
But most of all Deirdre, the duty manager, I don't think words can express how helpful this lady was, from me forgetting about certain elements to the night, then on to having a trolley for the cake, to even decorating and covering up the trolley, the food, the end of the night bill, I could actually go on, but I won't, she will never know the appreciation I have for her working that night. I can clearly see why this lady is a manager.
The overall staff of the Castlecourt screams in volumes of a professionally run hotel with a constant personal touch that makes you feel at home. The hotel is also located perfectly in the most beautiful town in Ireland. Hold your heads high Castlecourt and thank you so much!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mick J
Dear Guest

It was an absolute pleasure to read your kind comments and to lean that you enjoyed your stay with us here in The Castlecourt Hotel. I was also delighted to learn that the surprise party for your sister went according to plan and that everyone enjoyed their evening.

I would like to thank you for your comments about the staff but in particular about Deirdre, Alan, Maria, Keith and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to them and all involved.

Once again thank you for all your feed back which we greatly appreciate and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at the Castlecourt for 3 nights last week.
I was delighted with my lovely room,everything spotless,comfortable bed,couch etc.
The staff were pleasant and efficient in dealing with arriving and checking out.
The food was lovely and the waiting staff did a great job despite being very busy.
Hotel is five minutes walk from bus stop.
There's a train station close by too.
Westport itself is a great place and this hotel is a great place to stay.
Hope to come soon,thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with others. Situated in the heart of Westport town close to the train station , bus stops and all of the towns amenities The Castlecourt is ideally located.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our rooms, comfortable beds and efficient staff.
We greatly look forward to welcoming you back

Best Wishes
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We picked the busiest time of year for our stay... New Year, not only the New Year's ball but the 2 nights before had very busy weddings. The check-in queue was hectic... but this happens. I found the drop off point and parking confusing on arrival... it irked me at the time that there was nobody to assist as the drop off area is quite a way from the reception. The room had great facilities... a little smaller than the website pictures implied. Considering that there was a wedding on each night of our stay, we were expecting noise. There was none. The hotel is a very short walk into the town centre. Breakfast was good and hearty... We woke up early for our first breakfast before the crowds descended and service was fantastic - my awkward request for a cappuccino was granted with a smile. Day 2 we left it a bit late and staff were getting a little frayed.. the cappuccino request was met with directions to the coffee shop... annoying then but understandable. The owners take a genuine and present interest. During the New Year ball Anne Corcoran was walking round making sure everything was great. It has a fantastic personal service and I have no problem recommending the Castlecourt as a hotel to stay at

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlanJL61
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Castlecourt Hotel with others. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any delay which you experienced on arrival due to the busy check in and for any confusion which you experienced at the drop off point. As the drop off area is a little away from the main reception we always have a porter on duty who is available to assist with luggage when required. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and I would like to thank you for recommending us to others.
I greatly look forward to welcoming you back

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a super hotel. Never stayed here before but from the moment I walked it it had a good feel to it. The receptionist was excellent. Very efficient and very friendly. The room was clean, warm and spacious with all one could need, including a very comfy bed. The bar and restaurant staff were also excellent. Very helpful and friendly. Really could not have been better. We ate in the bistro where the food was absolutely delicious. In fact we ate there on both nights because we had such a good experience on the first night. Never had such an overall good experience in a hotel and despite the dreadful weather we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

Thanks to all the staff for a 'home from home' (but with even better food) and for the excellent service and great welcome.

For you doubters out there...I have absolutely no connection to the hotel or anyone in it apart from this , our first, but not last, stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us here in The Castlecourt Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with others.

I was delighted to learn that you found the food delicious, staff friendly & efficient, rooms warm & spacious and that despite the weather you thoroughly enjoyed your break with us.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back

Kind Regards
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Have just returned from a wonderful few days in Westport. We stayed in the Castlecourt. Great location, wonderful staff and brilliant facilities. I will definitely be returning to Westport and will be staying at the Castlecourt!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa K
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review which was a pleasure to read. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you will be returning to stay with us on the occasion of your next visit to Westport. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back