“Disappointing!”

The Castlecourt Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October. Room was shabby and a real let down. Also room was tiny. Walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from rooms next door. Also woken up after 6 by loud boiler or heating system which was really annoying!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sander221
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest.
I was most concerned to read your review of our hotel and I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise. I truly regret that these issues were not brought to my attention at the time of your stay as I would have welcomed the opportunity to speak to you in person and would have had no hesitation in offering an alternative room should one have been available.
I also deeply regret the noise disturbance which you have described in you review.

I am always truly saddened when a guest leaves disappointed with any aspect of their stay please accept my genuine apologies. Looking forward to welcoming you back for what I can assure you will be a more relaxing experience
Kindest regards
Liz Conway Duty Manager

There are newer reviews for The Castlecourt Hotel

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed as part of a wedding group, and really loved staying here. The hotel's location is great, the food is of really high quality, the rooms are pretty normal, the leisure centre is really nice but it is the staff that really stood out. There are so many of them! All of the servers at the wedding and in the restaurant (including the Plaza sister hotel next door), were friendly and chatty. They're so friendly the whole time and make you feel really welcome. One of the owner/managers was even working in the restaurant for breakfast and came over to chat to us. There seemed to be lots of staff who have worked there for a long time - this is a good indication of a well-run hotel. We really couldn't fault the place and left feeling very well taken care of.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your experience of The Castlecourt Hotel with other TripAdvisor users. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location good, our food of a high quality and as part of the wedding party I trust you enjoyed the celebrations.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff who are indeed our best asset and we are extremely proud of each and every one of them it will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to all involved.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I loved this hotel. The staff were courteous and helpful. The food was excellent - the best I've had in any hotel I've ever visited. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I had a quiet double room facing south-west. I had it for single occupancy and found it excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for your kind review. Its always great to learn that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and that they would recommend us to their family and friends. We truly look forward to welcoming you back
Warmest Regards

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Check in was busy and all nine of our group were allocated our rooms within 5 mins.Rooms are
clean and fresh.Staff are superb and attentive.Breakfast greattttt,evening meals lovely.Treated very very well.Not a bad word to say. GREAT PLACE.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest.
I was delighted to learn that yourself and your group enjoyed your stay with us here in The Castlecourt Hotel and I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor users.

We look forward to welcoming you all back in the not too distant future
Kindest regards

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is very welcoming from the first check-in. The bedrooms and bathroom were more than comfortable. The cleanliness of the whole hotel was excellent. The food in the restaurant was the best I've ever had in a hotel and many of the guests said the same.
The staff were more than accommodating and very pleasant.

The hotel is in a great location in Westport town and a good base for visiting the area.

We were booked on a "Golden Break" , it was our third visit this year and we hope to be back again in the spring.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret D

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to post you review of The Castlecourt Hotel, Its always such a pleasure to read such positive feedback from out guests.
Situated in the heart of Westport Town and within walking distance to all the towns amenities our golden years break offers daily trips, Nightly entertainment and a wide range of other varied activities so is a popular choice.

We truly look forward to your next visit

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently took 32 active age clients from our Day Center to Castlecourt hotel and we could not have been treated better. We take two trips away every year and this was definitely the best in the last 6 yrs.The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The food was unquestionably the best hotel food I have ever eaten! The rooms were spotlessly clean and bright. One of our clients summed it up when she said it should be five star not four. Some even booked in for Christmas before we left they were so happy with the hotel. We will certainly be going back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest.
I was so delighted to learn that your group enjoyed their visit to The Castlecourt Hotel and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff, accommodation and food and you can be assured that i will pass on your comments to all involved.

I am also delighted that you would considering returning and we greatly look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you all back again in the not too distant future
Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a great time, doing as little as possible in sheer luxury, next trip planned already. The facilities, staff, rooms and the restaurant all make it a special place. It is a great central location in a very popular town, with lots to do for everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bulmers
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us here in The Castlecourt Hotel and that you have already your next trip planned we greatly look forward to welcoming you back