“Great hotel in centre of westport!”

The Castlecourt Hotel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel! Could not fault a thing! Central location, clean and spacious rooms. Food was great and the waiter staff in the restaurant were so friendly and helpful. We travelled with young kids and our waiters couldn't have been more helpful. Kids loved the kids club too! Will def be back!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first time staying in this hotel. Had booked 4 nights B & B but called the day before and were lucky enough to get a 5th night for that night. The room was spacious and kept clean by the accomadation staff very well. The breakfast was fab and thankfully was table service. Very fresh and quick. We only ate in Petie Joes Bar but the food was great and the service brilliant. Staff in the bar very friendly and assured. Great location and parking was no problem even when there was a wedding in the hotel. Well done to all.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great value for money, friendly & helpful staff, upgrade is great value an choice of room.
Many different types of offers or just that switch off you might want?
The Sunday until Friday check out, travelling by train you will be collected at the station, tea on arrival, check it out for a good stay at a great price, I could meet you next Jan?
I have always enjoyed my stay in Westport in comfort at the Castle Court Hotel.
Golden Oldies Kildare.

Room Tip: Nothing seems to much trouble for the staff to give you what you want, rooms near the pool, near a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James O
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We go to The Castlecourt Hotel a few times per year with our lovely grandson and we think the hotel is just wonderful nothing is a problem . They are child friendly and food and rooms are very
good and free entertainment each night.
Westport is a great town for holidays nice shops nice people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent five nights here mid August with my 17 year old niece. What can I say - I just couldn't fault this hotel at all. We had a very impressive breakfast experience each morning - lovely freshly cooked food - no grease to be seen - served by very smart, attentive and courteous staff. The efficiency in the dining room is a credit to the owners and management team.

Our room was bright, comfortable, spacious, well equipped and cleaned daily. View wasn't great but everything else made up for this.

Petie Joe's bar and bistro are geared for a wide range of ages and budgets. Always plenty of craic and atmosphere and again the staff have excellent customer care skills.

When I do return to Westport - I would find it difficult not to stay in this fabulous establishment!

Room Tip: Twin rooms on second floor have 2 great doubles - a bit of a luxury!
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for one night in August 2013 and had a very pleasant stay. Two Queen bedded room large and comfortable. Service very good and breakfast was excellent and large choice. Enjoyed their outside patio with a few beers with family in between showers. Had an unforgettable time in their huge bar in the evening. (despite the awful county and western band.) Altogether great value for money

Room Tip: Higher floor to get away from noise of bar
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last time we were in Westport (about 4 years ago) so decided to book it again this time round. It was the most expensive place that we stayed at during out 2 weeks in Ireland. We were there for thursday, friday and saturday nights. On friday and saturday there were large weddings at the hotel and it was difficult to sleep with the noise of the music and then later the wedding guests up and down the corridor. Our room was right above the wedding. On Saturday I complained about the noise and the fact that at 162 Euro per night, I expected better. I was offered another room for our last night but moving all our stuff would have been a pain for one night so I declined and asked to only be charged for 2 nights. At Checkout, I was given a 100 Euro reduction plus a bar bill of 11 Euro waived. In addition I was offered a voucher for 60 Euro's. I told the reception staff (all of who were very pleasant and helpful) that the voucher would be no use and that would prefer the reduction that I had asked for. I left expecting to be contacted about this but as at 23rd August (6 days later) I've heard nothing. So, the moral of this story is dont go there in peak wedding season or friday or saturday unless you can be guaranteed a room away from the noise.
On the plus side, the pool was good, as was the breakfast. The location is also good for a stroll into the compact town centre

Room Tip: get one away from the wedding venue
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple