The Castlecourt Hotel
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
$184
Harbour Mill(Westport)
Clew Bay Hotel(Westport)
  • Restaurant
1,801 results
All reviewsfour poster bedsister hotelcastle court hotelswimming poolleisure centrelovely hotelhen partydeluxe roomreception staffspa sulatop classwedding receptionwestport plazaboth nightsfamily breaklast weekendwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

There was a group of 12 of us booked in for my sisters hen weekend and have to say we are now making it an annual event. The staff were so friendly, we had cocktail lessons which was the best crack ever. The spa I have to say is one of the best spas we have ever been in , it was amazing. We had dinner in the hotel on 1 night and the food was gorgeous. Couldn't fault it at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank IrishCouple01
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent 3 nights over an extremely busy weekend at the end of June in the Castlecourt Hotel. On arrival we were greeted with a welcome and big smile from the receptionist. Check in was smooth and efficient and we made our way to our room. It overlooked the courtyard which we initially were worried about on account of noise from traffic / weddings etc but we didn’t hear a thing. Breakfast was included which we availed of every morning. Again it was so busy but we did not wait any time at all for our cooked breakfast. The hotel is in a fab location. Of note there is a Dunnes Stores across the road and they had a bank machine. I availed of the Spa and it was wonderful. I found all the staff and management beyond helpful and friendly which left no doubt in our minds that we would return. We realised when we returned home that we had forgotten our I-Phone Charger. With 24 hours of contacting the hotel we had our charger posted and with us. I can’t recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We planned 4 nights here, but left after the first night. Luckily the Plaza (sister hotel) had rooms. Arrived and couldn't find parking or even a way through the halls which were packed with loud parties (stag, hen, wedding) and continued to be so all night. It was warm, but no a/c. On trying to get out of the room, I turned the door handle and it literally broke in my hand giving me a nasty gash. Help arrived in the form of the same person who helped us with our bags. He was game, but had no tools.
The hotel was gaudy with ill-matched furniture in and out of the rooms. Our bathroom was seedy, dirty grout, broken tile/marble. Breakfast was average, with the usual foods and a paucity of fruit. The staff, however, were extremely helpful. Kudos to them.
We went to find the pool, only to discover it was crowded with groups of children on some kind of swim event.

Room Tip: Just go next store.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ruhu61
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

I was most disappointed to read your recent review and I truly regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations and for this I would like to apologise.

Westport is a popular holiday destination and during your stay with us we were exceptionally busy which resulted in the difficulties which you experienced trying to find a car parking space and making your way through the entrance hall way.

I truly regret any maintenance problem which you experienced and I would again like to sincerely apologies and assure you that We will look into each of the areas that you mentioned with a view to following our policy of continuous improvement through customer feedback.

I would like to thank you for your kind comment about our staff and we are extremely proud of them all

I truly hope that in time you may reconsider staying with us and should you be returning to Westport in the future I invite you to contact me personally and I will ensure that your next visit is a more enjoyable and relaxing experience.

Kindest Regards
Liz Conway
Duty Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for a music weekend and really enjoyed the entertainment and accommodation. Wonderful to have entertainment venue on site with accommodation. Staff were friendly and helpful with requests. Meals in Orchard restaurant were good too. Only wish the entertainment started earlier!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our annual gaa club trip this year took us to the Castlecourt. We had a 40 strong party of varying ages and from the moment we arrived the staff could not have been any nicer. Check in was done in a matter of minutes as one of the girls at reception came to our coach to dispense key cards and room numbers. On Saturday night we all dined in the restaurant and given our fairly large numbers, service was excellent and the food was of a very high standard. Staff shortage is definitely not an issue at this busy hotel as service in all departments was extremely prompt. If you are visiting Westport I would have no hesitation in recommending the Castlecourt.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends