“Club dinner”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Westport, Ireland
“Club dinner”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had our Toastmasters Christmas Dinner at the hotel this week and thanks to the efficient staff had a great evening. The food was super with lot of menu choice. The staff were clearly on-hand but remained unobtrusive throughout the night.
The hotel management certainly know how to present the hotel to its best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
castlecourt1, Manager at The Castlecourt Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with others. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your Club Christmas Dinner with us and that you found the staff efficient, food super with a good menu choice.
On behalf of us all here in The Castlecourt Hotel I would like to thank you for your custom and wish all the members of Toastmasters continued success for 2013.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently as I was attending a wedding there.
What an amazing hotel, and truly amazing staff throughout.
We were welcomed by a beautiful Irish receptionist who provided all the
information we required with a lovely warm smile.
All the staff were so genuine (and not trained like robots)it was clearly evident
that they enjoyed their work. It was really refreshing to visit a traditional Irish hotel
and find that the old fashioned values of well trained staff still exists.
This is what visitors expect when they visit one of the friendliest countries in the world.

There were several christmas trees in various locations: all with traditional decorations,
they even had a beautiful crib in the lobby area. All in all a truly christmas atmosphere.
If you choose this hotel for your christmas break, you will not be disappointed.

Our room had a four-poster bed and was impeccibly clean and well supplied.
The welcome tray was fully stocked with an abundance of quality teas and coffee.
(This is so important as several hotel only provide the bare minimum )

We had an amazing meal at the weeding function, with the offer of second helping.(not that
they were required as the portions were so large). The breakfast was brillant and cooked
to perfection. There was a wide choice available. My sister attended the same wedding.
She is a celiac and they were not pre warned. The waitress was so apologetic and within
ten minutes arrived with her special bread toasted, and the chef prepared her food without
sauces etc. I was so impressed. She never experienced that any where, as she usually brings
her own special food.

There was a large car park in the hotel, a real treat in any location.

I noticed a large framed poster on the wall with all the staff whom received
various awards for service and productivity. I noticed some were there for several
years. Again this confirmed my finding of a truly amazing faultless hotel.

I will definately go back there. I will recommend it at every opportunity.

Congratulations to the management and exceptional staff.

Extremely happy customers.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back
1 Thank qurious
Allgäu
Reviewed December 15, 2012

To start with the positive: location is good, mid-week there were plenty of spaces in the car park and the reception was polite and friendly. The room was standard but certainly adequate; the only problem was the fact that there was a loud, motor-like noise (from the heating system?) which at least was switched off at night.
Things started to go badly wrong when I went to dinner – at the bistro because the restaurant was closed, for reasons not given and with no prior notice. But it would be exactly the same meal, they reassured me. I’ll leave out the details of a rather awful meal and chaotic service because the hotel did apologise: not on the spot, when my polite complaint was equally politely brushed off; but subsequently, on receiving my email giving the details. Fair enough: mistakes are made and the hotel was prepared to take responsibility for its mistakes, which is the main thing.
I can only finish with my own personal impressions: I suspect that this is a hotel focussed on wedding parties, hen parties, stag parties and the likes. And not adapted to the individual traveller, certainly not to the business traveller which I was. But I will give at least the restaurant another try, next time I’m in Westport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GPMAllg
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Myself and 2 friends stayed here on the 8th of December. From check in to check out we couldn't have been treated any better. The girls on reception, especially, were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Great location in westport. Lovely big, clean triple bedroom. Didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant or spa but will definitely be back to do so!

• Stayed December 2012
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is the 1st review i have written all because this place is so great! Me and 20 girls stayed in the Castlecourt hotel for my hen party and it was so good that i had to take my Husband back to experience it. The staff could not do enough for you, they are so friendly and helpful. The Orchard restaurant is out of this world. 5 star dining. Joshua was our waiter and i have never received better service. The hotel is so clean, warm and welcoming. We will definitely be back just to stay here! Central location and great parking. Make sure and visit the Spa, i got my make up done by a very talented girl. Well done Castlecourt....my favourite hotel now :)

Room Tip: Any room is great as long as its in the castlecourt
1 Thank active1984
Waterville, Ireland
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We spent three nights at this wonderful hotel, it was warm and clean with an old world charm whilst maintaining the highest standards in decor etc.
We had a junior suite, it was huge and airy, spotlessly clean and comfortably warm. The bed was huge. Food was excellent as was Waiting Service. Have nothing but good things to say about this hotel

Enfield, Meath, Ireland
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Home last night from the Castlecourt Hotel. Was there from Sun to Friday. Everything was great. The room was big and the bed very comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The leisure centre was great . Clean and well maintained.
I loved the Spa Sula . The Orchard restaurant where we dined on two nights was really good. the extra of leaving two small bottles of wine in our room on the night of our anniversary was a lovely touch. have stayed in many four star hotels before. The Castlecourt was by far the best. Couldn't say enough to praise it. Would recommend it to anyone and hope to make a return visit.

Room Tip: At the back but not beside the bit of roof holding the heating ducts or what ever they were.
1 Thank Travellslow18