“Good buzz, friendly staff, pity about desert menu”
Review of Fishworks Cafe Bar - CLOSED

Fishworks Cafe Bar
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place is part of the Carlton Atlantic coast hotel. It is on their web site. Phone # is 00353 98 29000
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were very happy with our food (although I wood have called mine a 'fish bake' rather than pie as it was just a crumb topping not pastry or potato). As there aren't a lot of choices for starters, it being a cafe rather than restaurant I thought I'd have a desert for a change but the choice was so uninspiring I din't bother. Although I'm not keen on flowery menu descriptions, 'apple pie', 'chocolate cake', 'ice cream' really don't get you salivating.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Have eaten here a few times whilst staying at the Atlantic Coast Hotel next door. On each occasion we had a lovely meal and the staff were excellent.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My taxi driver recommended FishWorks, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was excited about my food, salmon and risotto. Well, they were out of risotto so they gave me salad and chips...not quite what I was looking for. When my food came, it looked nice enough and the salad was pretty good, but the salmon was mediocre. It didn't taste very fresh. Even though staff was nice enough, they were incredibly slow. I sat there for nearly 20 before I finally had to ask for my bill; which I was supposed to get 10% off, but didn't receive...but I was afraid that would take another 20 minutes so I didn't bother. I was very disappointed.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant with a beautiful view! I ate here with my brother and it was really nice! Good service too! The décor is all marine themed and lovely to look at!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Evening meal here was excellent great choice on menu, staff very attentive and friendly. Children got colouring in pictures and crayons. Great space with lovely view over the harbour. Will visit again on next stay in Westport.