“Midweek break”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Arrived on a Wednesday and the receptionist was so friendly and welcoming. She offered us an upgrade for 20 Euro per night, which we took and was well worth it. Room was really lovely although the walls were rather marked from suitcases banging against them. Could do with some paint but apart from that the room was lovely. Beautiful bathroom with double hand basins and a lovely large separate shower. Breakfast was also more than adequate and a lovely clean dining room and very friendly staff. I booked a massage in their Spa and on first impressions the spa was so calming and had a wonderful ambiance with soothing music in the background. I was greeted by a lovely lady called Angela. She was so professional and I can honestly say it was a fantastic massage and I know about massage as I teach same in College. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a friendly quite clean and welcoming place to stay and I would have no hesitation in returning to the Hotel Westport.

1  Thank Lauralou18
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

just spent another few days at the hotel Westport. can't praise it enough the staff are always friendly and help full.
rooms are amazing large and comfortable.
our room had a wet room shower very handy for my husband who has a disability.
food in the restaurant, and in the bar exhalant. breakfast wonderful, do try the fish.
the special rates they have all year round including dinner and extra day free are amazing value.
no wonder so many people avail of them.
near to Westport house and only a short walk into Westport it's self.
they have facilitators for kids and golden oldies.
for people who love cards Bridge breaks available.
I was at the hotel for my birthday which I really enjoyed, treated myself to a massage which was lovely. the leisure centre is great, good gym pool and disabled changing which is a plus for us.
now I have my bus pass I intend to get to the hotel more often thanks to everyone at hotel Westport.

Room Tip: 403 ground floor
2  Thank Bren G
Reviewed February 26, 2013

6 of us stayed here in February to celebrate our friends birthday and stayed two nights B+B with one evening meal included in the price. From the moment we arrived the staff were efficient and friendly and the bedrooms were luxury and very clean. The breakfast was outstanding with plenty of choice and freshly cooked. The evening meal on the second night I can only describe as fine dining again with very friendly staff, when our meal was finished we were treated to a free drink, "a lovely gesture". The hotel is well located within westport a short walk to shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will be back to stay in the near future

Room Tip: Book a premier room
1  Thank Carmel1961
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel last October. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic. Drinks were a bit pricey compared to Donegal prices. Our room had a balcony which was nice to sit out in the afternoon with a glass of wine as we were very lucky with the weather. My husband had a swim every day in the Hotel pool. Entrance to the walkway to Westport House was beside the hotel and again was peaceful and quiet, The grounds at Westport House is well worth a visit as is the house itself. Westport town is lovely and has loads of cafes and coffee shops. Some of the pubs were closed during the week, but we found one that was very welcoming, The Porter House. Music every night and the craic was good. Matt Molloys is next door also. We would reccommend Hotel Westport to anyone looking for a peacful retreat and the short riverside walk into town is lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor overlooking the Carrowbeg River.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went on a Mini over 50's break and stayed 3 nights - Great Hotel with friendly Staff and luxury Bedrooms. The Breakfast is Plenty and Lots of Choices - and the Dinner we had was substantial.
The Hotel is well Located in the Town of Westport - a short walk from Railway Stn !
Will Definitely stay again - Highly recommend

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me And Two Other People Stayed At This Hotel Last Week And It Is a Great Hotel To Stay At The Staff Are Realy Friendly And Helpful You Couldnt Ask For Any Better Staff The Hotel Itself was Lovely And Kept Very Clean The Food Is Great We Got A FOur Course Meal For 25 Euro Per Person And You Would Not Want Another Thing To Eat For The Week They Realy Give Great Portions Of Food And With Great Prices We Will Defently Be Returning Keep Up The Good Work

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just back from a midweek break it was really lovely staff helpful and courteous we didnt have evening meals but the breakfast was excellent plenty to choose from I also had treatment at the spa felt so relaxed it was amazing thank you