“Great location”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Westport
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last week mid week. Overall I really enjoyed staying in the hotel however I wasn't able to give te hotel 5 stars due to the bedrooms.
Positives of hotel -
- great location. Only 5 min walk from centre of town and right beside Weatport house.
- the staff are so friendly, genuine & very efficient. It's rare to find that ever staff member we encountered were top class
- the food in the restaurant was fabulous. We couldn't fault any dishes we got. Breakfast as wll each morning was great quality. The hot food seemed to be freshly cooked regularly. Great selection of cereals as well.
- The lobby and the bar were very comfortable spaces

Negatives
- the only negative I can find is that the bedroom we had was dated and from the state of the bathroom and furniture in the room, they hadnt been updated in many years. You can pay €10 pp per night to upgrade to a new room but in reality you expect the type of Tom the newer rooms are from a hotel now days as standard. I think the dated rooms lets down an otherwise fabulous hotel

• Stayed: May 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great family holiday, wonderful service, spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable. Good food. Only tiny drawback is that bedroom doors slam quite loudly when guests don't hold them and as we were right next door to the honeymoon suite we almost needed a cigarette ourselves afterwards!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights at the weekend whilst visiting family. The hotel room was of a good size, clean and well stocked with Coffee & Tea (no biscuits though). The only minus point was the toilet paper which reminded me of school. We ate in the bar when we arrived which was good value and breakfast was fine. All of the staff we encountered were polite, helpful and friendly and a credit to the the hotel. I would definitely return to this hotel, but look forward too softer potty paper!
Westport town is lovely and a credit to the people who live there. Lot's to see and the scenery is stunning. If you go you must visit the pubs and a trad music session, just don't lose count of the Smithwicks you drink!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stumbled on Westport Ireland while travelling. With no reservations, we stopped in on Hotel Westport. We were told 38 Euros per person including breakfast and this seemed reasonable. The hotel is in a quiet and secluded setting off the beaten path which is fine. Restaurants and bars are easily walkable. The hotel is very quiet. Lots of elderly folks so very little noise in the restaurant and hotel bar. The room we received is not as trendy in decor as the ones pictured but it is still very nice. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was large. Water pressure was excellent. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. Service was excellent. Grocery store is down the street. There are other very trendy places in town but priced much higher. This was a solid choice.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed in hotel Westport for family reunion and had 2 rooms booked for my family. One for myself and husband and one for my two teenagers. Rooms were big, spacious and such comfy beds. Bathroom had brill shower and lovely shower gels etc. Had meal the first night which was lovely served by a lovely welsh man Daniel. There were nine of us at the meal and my husband and two brothers were in high spirits and he had great patience and played along with the banter. Woke up the next morning to the horrors of horrors. My daughter had devoloped tonsitllitis during the night. I will never forget the lady in reception. Mary I think her name is and Sheila from O'Donnells chemist. They really helped me in a crisis and went out of their way to help me and to help my daughter. My weekend was ruined except for them and all their help. Breakfast was fab and the pool is lovely. I didnt have any spa treatments but menu looked fab. I got my hair done in the hotel hairdressers and really loved the curls they put in. They were working on a Sunday for a wedding. Not many places will open for a wedding.It is about a 7 min stroll into the town centre and my mother in her 70's really enjoyed the stroll both evenings and there is a lovely river walk into the town also. I totally love this hotel and will def be back again. Thanks again for an amazing weekend!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with family and made full use of the leisure club, gym and swimming pool. Hotel food was very good and the bar, public areas very spacious and comfortable. Hotel room was clean and comfortable but the best thing of all was the staff who were very friendly and welcoming, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Have just returned from a one-night stay in the Hotel Westport. This hotel is set in lovely grounds, but is not quite ‘in the heart of Westport’ as is reported on the internet! It’s alright for people like us who were well able for the walk into town, but for anyone who isn’t so strong on their legs or perhaps is in a wheelchair, it would be an almost impossible task to get into town without using transport of some sort. We were delighted to find that we could access the grounds of Westport House right beside the hotel, so we enjoyed a stroll in there to stretch our legs and take from fresh air after the long drive from Dublin. We got a room on the ground floor, which was very handy for getting in and out to the car. It was clean and comfortable but basic enough, and I would question the 4-star rating of this hotel. Perhaps there are other very fancy and upmarket rooms in the hotel, but ours was basic. We had a problem with extremely noisy guests in the next room. Early in the evening, as we were preparing to go to town for dinner, they had their television absolutely blaring, to the point where we could tell what they were watching, yet couldn’t hear our own TV. It was so bad it could even be heard along the corridor so I don’t know how hotel staff could have missed it – the walls must be made of tissue, never mind paper! I went to reception and asked for it to be rectified, which they did, and the noise stopped. We went out to dinner in town and returned to peace and quiet. However it didn’t last and later in the evening, just before bedtime, the noise started again, and this time it didn’t stop until 11.35 p.m. We let it go, as we were quite exhausted from such a long day and we fell asleep after it stopped. However, we were woken very abruptly at 3.15 a.m. to the television blaring extremely loudly. I went down to reception again, and the night porter rang their room. The noise didn’t stop for another 10 minutes or so, but at this stage we were that annoyed at having had our sleep disturbed that we could not get back to sleep properly. Needless to say when it was time to get up the noisy guests next door were fast asleep yet we had to rise early to travel back to Dublin. We didn’t have a good night’s sleep which wasn't a good start for the long drive home. Breakfast was good, but we have encountered better choices available for breakfast in hotels we’ve stayed in that didn’t have 4-star status. At check-out I mentioned the problem with the noise to the receptionist, but she didn’t seem concerned about it. We did enjoy our short break in Westport, it’s a lovely town, clean, quaint and pretty, but it’s hard for it not to be blighted by our experiences with selfish guests in the next room in our hotel. We sincerely hope the Hotel Westport take a stronger stance with guests behaving like this, it’s not acceptable.

1  Thank DubTwosome