Stayed here for 3 nights last week mid week. Overall I really enjoyed staying in the hotel however I wasn't able to give te hotel 5 stars due to the bedrooms.
Positives of hotel -
- great location. Only 5 min walk from centre of town and right beside Weatport house.
- the staff are so friendly, genuine & very efficient. It's rare to find that ever staff member we encountered were top class
- the food in the restaurant was fabulous. We couldn't fault any dishes we got. Breakfast as wll each morning was great quality. The hot food seemed to be freshly cooked regularly. Great selection of cereals as well.
- The lobby and the bar were very comfortable spaces
- the only negative I can find is that the bedroom we had was dated and from the state of the bathroom and furniture in the room, they hadnt been updated in many years. You can pay €10 pp per night to upgrade to a new room but in reality you expect the type of Tom the newer rooms are from a hotel now days as standard. I think the dated rooms lets down an otherwise fabulous hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Westport is secluded in 7 acres of beautiful woodland in the heart of Westport, Co. Mayo. They are renowned for their theme breaks, Golden Years, Golf, Walking, Murder Mystery, Bridge, Indoor Bowling, Theatre Breaks and Family Holidays.The Hotel has 129 bedrooms including 6 Suites and 48 newly extended and refurbished Premier Rooms, offering guests a more luxury and stylish sophistication. Other facilities include their Award Winning Ocean Spirit Spa & Leisure, Hair Salon, Maple Bar and Islands Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Westport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.