“Had a great time!”

The Legend of Grainne Mhaol
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ireland's Pirate Queen , Wednesday & Thursday nights from June 15th in The Town Hall Westport, is a spectacular traditional music show based on the real-life story of the legendary Pirate Queen Grace O' Malley or "Gráinne Mhaol". The show is a wonderful celebration of Irish music, song and dance and is an inspiring epic, reliving the journey of the Irish legend Gráinne Mhaol throughout history. The show is full of energy and enthusiasm and has captured the imagination of audiences across all ages and cultures.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
san diego, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Overall a very fun experience. The music, singing, and dancing were truly superb. The set and costumes were pretty sad, but once you get past that ... well it's a little hard to get past that honestly. For 25Euro a head, I would think they would be able to update things a bit. That being said, I really enjoyed the music and the dancing. I felt like I got an introduction to the Granuaile story and it really piqued my interest in her. If you're in Westport I highly recommend checking out this show (not much else happening in Westport anyway from what I saw)
Slainte!

3 Thank skipmeow

ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“entertainment”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

entertaining but not really my cup of tea the show was very good but it is not what iusually go to see

1 Thank catherine2Ireland
Galway, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Oíche den scoth”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The best night of entertainment ever. I can't remember an event that I enjoyed more from start to finish, AGUS anó Piaras é fhéin - any good production needs to have a strong beginning, middle and end Pierse and crew surely administered this show so proficiently and entertainingly throughout. Gach rath oraibh!

8 Thank MJBGalway_Ireland
Vancouver, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What a Spectacular Show!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

What a fabulous "Legend of Grainne Mhaol" show we saw tonight at the Westport Hotel stage! The cast was pure magnificence and most outstanding. We felt lucky to have gotten tickets.

The show included an array of exceptional performers. We were mesmerized by the extremely talented and award-winning musicians in this show, its top-notch singers, and its exquisite Irish traditional dancers. They stole our hearts! We've been to Irish dancing and music shows in Dublin, Galway and Killarney. This was one of the best we have ever seen. We will see this show again! Carl & Mildred

8 Thank CB3322
Southport, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing !”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Fantastic show, couldn t be better, thoroughly enjoyable, a show for all the Family to enjoy. Well worth the money.

Visited August 2012