“Oysters”

The Tavern Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, Pub, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open fire's and cozy snugs await you .Locally sourced food from our award winning menu are on offer daily in the shadow of Croagh Patrick on the shores of Clew Bay. Come and visit
Dublin Ireland
“Oysters”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I liked everything about this great restaurant. Myles and his staff were great craic, especially Brian and JoJo, Thanks for the marvelous Mussels and the amazing oysters.

Visited June 2014
Ruth O, Owner at The Tavern Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Subaru 1,
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write. Brian & Jo Jo appreciated the mention. Hope to welcome you back to The Tavern in the not too distant future.

• Polish first
Tampa, Florida
“Excellant food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had the best food here! the flavors from each piece of food came through and blended with the other food. I am GF and the staff told me which options were GF, that they could alter other options to make them GF.
They had GF bread to complement some meals.
The service was great...and I would visit again next time I am in the area.

Very reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2014
Dear Lisa G,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and I am delighted that we were able to look after you regarding your request for gluten free options. All our dishes are cooked to order so changing the dish to suit a customer is something we try and offer when ever requested. Hope to see you again if your travelling to Ireland

San Francisco, California
“holy seafood”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My fiance and I enjoyed and excellent seafood meal here on our trip to Ireland, would recommend the mussels were done in a buttery creamy heavenly sauce, the baked cod which was perfectly cooked. And I will not forget the brown bread baileys butterscotch desert. The service was also good as was the value.

• Visited May 2014
Dear Christyad 85,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and your wonderful comments regarding food and service. Perhaps we'll see you again in Murrisk. Ireland is a great place for a Honeymoon!!!

Westport, Ireland
“Best burger I've eaten ”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I go here often and it keeps getting better. The menu is wide and varied, there's lots of local produce and they know how to get the best out of their food. I've eaten loads of things off the menu but the burger, pimped out with local Carrowholly nettle cheese, bacon and relish, is simply the best burger I've ever eaten. Deeeelicious!!! I've recommended it to my dining companions too and they agree, probably the best burger they've ever tasted. Keep it up.

“Great Service”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This must be the 4th or 5th time I've been in the Tavern over the last 12 months during 2 holidays.
We eat out quite a bit and I must say the service is exceptional and the staff are very friendly.
2 points that stand out. 1 the minced lamb starter is incredible I have it every time. 2 the young energetic pretty English girl Katie. Full credit to the Tavern.
Can't wait to go again.