“Family Break”
Review of Clew Bay Hotel

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay had a lovely welcome on arrival and having just climbed Croagh Patrick we needed to comfort ourselves with a nice warm shower and weren't dissappointed

Darren the owner was very hospitable on arrival in the Bar/Restaurant and gave us some tips on choosing from the menu .We all went for Fish nChips which was very tasty.

Breakfast was first class we'd highly recommend the porridge and honey and the scrambled egg with smoked salmon the service was always with a smile and the staff were very welcoming.
The hotel is very well located in the centre of Westport and has a pay and display very reasonably priced car park a cinema and a swimming pool right on its doorstep.
We look forward to a return visit soon

• Stayed: August 2013
Clewbayhotel, Sales & Marketing at Clew Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Michael Joseph,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us, and for leaving such kind comments about our hotel. This is really appreciated.

We are glad you met Darren - one of the hotel owners - and that you relaxed in the local area. The quality of our food offer from our breakfast service and bistro restuarant is well-known, and we are pleased you enjoyed your meals with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clew Bay Hotel in the near future.

Clew Bay Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Rooms were dirty and had not been updated in years. Housekeeping was non-existent. Loud guests which made sleeping and relaxing difficult. Their restaurant however was very good as was the morning breakfast. I would not stay again. Spend your money elsewhere in Westport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank flanne24
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel with partner and 2 young children. Location is perfect, in town centre, close to tourist information office, shops and chemist at either side of building. At the rear of the hotel is a playground. Hotel offers passes to the leisure centre which has a large swimming pool, a toddler pool and access to sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi. Our room was comfortable, a huge king bed, and 3 single beds. Breakfast was beautiful. The staff at the hotel are so friendly and helpful. Our deal included a 2 day pass to the local Westport house and pirate park which the kids loved. I would recommend the hotel to anyone but especially perfect for families.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Siobhan 594,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us, and for leaving such kind comments about our hotel.

We are all glad you had a great family break with us.
Do survive this last week of the school holidays with the children!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clew Bay Hotel again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I flew Halifax Nova Scotia at midnight to Heathrow, transferred to another flight to Dublin, then took a train across Ireland. The train was awesome for its speed, Wifi and reasonable cost. It took 5 minutes to reach the Clew Bay Hotel that I was able to work out on line and got a good deal as I was going solo. My only request was that I have a bath on my arrival as I would have been up over 24 hours. The front desk was efficient and delightful. None of this oh lets see what we have. The room was large the bathroom was spotless w a huge tub & shower. But breakfast blew me away. I thought it was simply a very good buffet so my cereal and yogurt
was doing fine for me. Then the waitress gives me the breakfast menu --- so I chose well I could not help myself smoked salmon and scrambled egg. What with a croissant and tea to wrap things up I would say this breakfast was the best I have had anywhere. I travel a lot.
Later I needed to purchase a phone so the front desk again directed me to the Vodaphone folk only a few doors away and the young man there was brilliant. I needed a connection for my little Acer and the man at the appliance store checked my cord and gave me my attachment in a minute. I say this because if I was on my own I might never have found these important tools for the rest of my stay. They also arranged a taxi for me to make to my particular destination. I would definitely would return and stay as the attitude w customers was spot on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Smartestartist
Clewbayhotel, Sales & Marketing at Clew Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Smartestartist,

Thank you for your wonderful recent review of your stay with us.

We are so pleased you had a very comfortable and relaxing stay with us after your transatlantic dash from Canada!

We are glad you found your room nice, and that you enjoyed your sumptuous breakfast (one of our key selling points).

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ireland and the Clew Bay Hotel again on your next travel adventure.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with the tour group. It was nicely situated in the town of Westport and enjoyed being able to walk through the town with this hotel as the base. The lobby was nicely decorated with some local? art and jewelry that was available for purchase. The breakfast was traditional of many of the hotels/B&Bs we stayed with a nice cold selection and the opportunity to order hot items. Staff was very friendly. There was a bar attached to the hotel where we enjoyed some jazz music which was a nice change of pace from the trad music which we enjoyed as well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Clewbayhotel, Sales & Marketing at Clew Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Nevada Soul Train,

We are so glad you enjoyed your recent holiday to Ireland and your stay with us at the Clew Bay Hotel.

The live jazz in Madden's Bar on Thursday evenings is one of the highlights of the week and we glad you enjoyed the 'craic' in there!

We are unique in Westport in having our very own art gallery off the hotel lobby, and to give guests the opportunity to purchase local art & jewellery.

Our excellent staff team are the hotel's key asset: we are glad you enjoyed their service to you.

We hope you enjoyed your tour of Ireland, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Clew Bay Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay here and really enjoyed it. The hotel is very central, staff were friendly and our room was great - quiet and the beds were soooo comfortable! Would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Thanks to the staff at Clew Bay for their flexibility and personal touch when we had a last-minute change in our travel plans. We got to stay over subsequently and can only echo what other authors have written about this hotel. The location, welcome and interest in the guests' comfort are things other hotels could learn from.
This is a 3-star hotel with all the ingredients for a great visit to Westport: comfortable rooms, clean environment, quiet at night and a hearty, unfussy breakfast. Tuesday night features some nice jazz in the lounge and the atmosphere there was very pleasant indeed.
We'll be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ernestBT48

Dear ErnestBT48,

Thank you for your very warm review of your recent stay with us.

We really appreciate your time taken in writing about your stay: we were so pleased to read that you had really enjoyed it!

As you described, the strongest elements of our hotel offering, are our professional yet friendly staff team, the quality of our food service (both breakfast in the Riverside restaurant & lunch/evening meals in Madden's Bistro), and our friendly/cosy atmosphere in our family run hotel. Live jazz music on Thursday evenings, and occasional live music at the weekend's in the hotel bar, adds further to what we can offer.

Thank you for sharing in our hotel, and for your excellent review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clew Bay Hotel again in the near future.