“Knockranny 4* which could be a 5*”

Knockranny House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Westport
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Knockranny 4* which could be a 5*”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Took my wife for a weekend break after medical treatment. The hotel was exactly what I hoped it would be. We had the full metal jacket, dinner, spa treatments etc. It is graded 4* but would easily beat many 5* properties. Staff efficient, attentive and happy, always a sign of a well managed hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a bit extra for a deluxe room.
2 Thank Jalgos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed in KHH this weekend. I think this is our 5th visit. It's in a great location to get access to the West. We went down to Connemara on this visit. Amazing part of Ireland. The hotel itself... I have to say, the fact that they don't even acknowledge that we have visited many times always disappoints me. It would show that they appreciate our custom. Anyway... The food at KHH is consistently great. Having lunch beside the open fire always makes us feel very relaxed. My wife had a spa treatment. She wasn't really happy with it. The facial was not as she wanted. Good products but a 'rough' treatment rather than one that was relaxing. If you stay here, make sure you don't stay in the old world rooms. KHH is like as if it has two personalities in this regard. Some rooms are outdated and small. Others are really great. Make sure you check before booking..!
No doubt about it, I'd recommend the Knockranny Hotel and we definitely intend to return.

Room Tip: Ask to see the options before you settle on a room choice.
3 Thank FD85114
Belfast
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just back from a three night mid week break at Knockranny
Accommodation, location, facilities, food, staff all first class.
We had three evening meals all of which were of the highest quality.
Westport was a great base to explore Mayo and Galway
The best short break ever .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Trevor P
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my partner we stayed for three nights and dined in the restaurant two evenings. the staff were very friendly and helpful on reception and in the restaurant! When we got to the 'room' I was taken back it was huge, so much space and a large bathroom, the bed was extremely comfortable. As for the food, you pay for what you get, fabulous, couldn't fault it, breakfast is also good! My advice get to the restaurant early in the morning and evening for a fantastic view of Croke Patrick ! As for the facilities, I see some complained about the pool, however I found it perfect after a long lie down in the sauna and steam room!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lambesy
newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and myself recently were at Knockranny for a relaxing midweek break. We always enjoy going there and like to go a couple of times every year. I am pleased to say that their standards are as good as ever. We particularly loved the food both in the bar and the dinners in the restaurant were exquisite, great flavours and imaginative and artistic presentation. My wife was very impressed with the dessert courses. A word too for the efficient staff. Nothing is too much trouble. I would especially like to mention Padraig in the bar. I found him to be friendly, good humoured and professional. All in all I cannot think of a better place to spend a bit of quality time. Looking forward to my next visit.

2 Thank john m
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went for a lovely night away for valentines, went for dinner on the sat night and ordered a cocktail. The first one was fine but I asked for a second one and asked for a little less ice.. The cocktail maker came out from behind the bar when I was sitting eating dinner infront of other people and spoke to me very aggressively and loudly that he would not make it the way I wanted and that it's his way or I wouldn't have one.. I then asked for the manager of the hotel and all I was offered for this mortifying experience was a drink..

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank sinead e
Dublin
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely weekend in Westport. Knockranny House Hotel is a very good four staf hotel that gets a lot of things right: friendly efficicient staff, good food, spacious clean rooms and good service. We had booked the Valentine's package and had chocolates on arrival in a Grand Deluxe room. The room was huge with 6ft 6in bed with pillow top mattress and 32 in LCD TV. We found it almost too big with the furniture set out around the walls and it was slightly soul less. We had a meal in the bar on the Friday night which was tasty although service was a little slow. Breakfast on both mornings was tasty with good local sausages and bacon on the menu. The buffet could have had a little more choice we felt. The included package dinner meal on Saturday night was tasty and service was quick. Portions are a little on the small size. The views of Croagh Patrick from the dining room are beautiful. One downside are the "miles" of corridors you have to walk to reach the bedrooms which smell slightly of disinfectant and feel a bit like a hospital. However, this is a minor point if you don't have a problem walking. All in all a lovely trip and we would recommend Knockranny for a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: If walking is a problem ask for a room near to reception or lift.
2 Thank CarrickGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
Westport Coast Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,027 reviews
Mulranny Park Hotel
Mulranny Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mulranny

Been to Knockranny House Hotel? Share your experiences!