“Good quality food, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Merlot

Restaurant Merlot
Ranked #22 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For intimate dining and sumptuous wines, indulge at the Restaurant Merlot. A delightful mix of European and classical Irish flavors, choose from the exciting table d'hote menu or the sophisticated a la carte menu. Pan fried king scallops, seared fillet of Irish beef and a daily selection of locally sourced fresh seafood are just a few things to tantalize the taste buds. And to complement your choice, we will help you select the perfect wine from our extensive range of display in the cellar.
London, United Kingdom
“Good quality food, excellent service”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The service in this restaurant is fantastic. On a recent trip to Westport, we ate in the Merlot restaurant on two occasions. The staff were just great both days. Lots of iced water and fresh bread rolls were available when we arrived, not too much of a delay between courses.
The only small criticism is that the menu is quite restricted. There are approx 5 starters, mains and desserts, the standard menu has a high additional charge for steak (3.50e for sirloin and 8euro or 10euro for fillet). Steak was not included in the 5 mains (2 meat, 2 fish, 1 veg) on offer either day we ate there. For a 10oz steak, there is an additional charge of 10euro which is really steep.
I appreciate that the hotel bar menu is a lot more extensive and has many lower price options but the Merlot restaurant does run the risk of making your meal very expensive if you like steak and you want to have wine, which I believe is not served by the glass

• Visited July 2012

Crossmolina, Ireland
“Top notch!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I would 100% agree with lisanico (who I don't know btw!)

I too ate in Restaraunt Merlot as part of a package deal when staying the the Westport Plaza Hotel, so I can't speak as to the value.

But the food, setting and service were all top notch. I had steak. I can't remember what cut I had, but that's probably because I just threw it back rather than think about it!

I would definitely recommend Restaurant Merlot, and yes I would go back.

• Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ate there as part of a package with the Plaza hotel.
Food was of a very high standard,
I had delicious scallops to start and duck which was cooked perfectly for mains. Would deinitely recommend it and would go back!

Visited August 2012
Kildare
“Top class service”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Decor... Tasteful and stylish
Food... Delicious and beautifully presented
Service... Polite, attentive and impeccable

I would highly recommend this restaurant for quality food and quality service. Excellent!

• Visited August 2012
Wollongong, Australia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We had delicious food here. My lamb rump was cooked to perfection and melted in my melt. The staff were lovely and I think we got good value for the quality of food.