Elmgrove Bed & Breakfast
Hotel Westport(Westport)
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)
Clew Bay Hotel(Westport)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa lovely cooked breakfastto climb croagh patrickb bgreat locationcar parknext morningwestport townmurriskgusmarypubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here while visiting Ireland. We came to climb Croagh Patrick, and not only was Mary wonderfully accommodating while we stayed in her lovely home, but she even loaned me her walking stick for the climb. Breakfast was delicious, and from our table we had an amazing view of the mountains and countryside. Her home is perfectly situated across the road from the base Croagh Patrick, and within 10 min. walking distance are a lovely restaurant, a pub, the Famine Memorial, and the Murrisk abbey. Our bed was so comfortable, that it was tough getting out of it in the morning! The room was great, and Mary was a great host-I'd highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I chose this B&B off the web after I decided on a whim to take a 4.5 hour trip to Mayo to climb Croagh Patrick. I arrived around 2pm and was glad to see it was a very nice house and Mary a pleasant and helpful host. It was also only a few metres away from the start of the climb. I got back from the mountain at 11pm and went straight to bed. I had what was probably my best sleep in years - 8 hours straight (which is most unusual for me, a 5 hour a night man) - aided by my exhaustion after the climb and the dead quiet of the room. This was followed by an excellent "full Irish" breakfast. All that and excellent value too! I could not fault the accommodation in any way and I would highly recommended it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank carrigman
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The b&b is right across from Croagh Patrick, start of the main walk, within 10 mins.

A distance from westport, approx. €10 in taxi.

Westport is a brillant town for atmosphere and friendliness.

Mary looked after us for a trip down for Gaelforce west.

The accomodation was adequate, resonaby priced& comfortable. Breakfast very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AL00001
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here last minute after getting involved in a rescue of a young boy on Croagh Patrick and having to stay in the area when I'd expected to head to another destination afterward. Mary is a lovely host and her home is very quiet and comfortable. The view of the mountain from the front window is great and there are two lovely pubs within a few minutes of the B&B. I also found a lovely walk to the old abbey and Irish Famine Memorial. So the location can't be beat!

I also found the remove very comfortable and extremely quiet. Breakfast was filling and hardy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

What a perfect place to stay when climbing Croagh Patrick. My husband, 11 year old son and I spent two nights at Elmgrove. Our room was clean and peaceful. We couldn't hear a sound. Mary was a terrific host. She was very kind to our son. We set out for Croagh Patrick after our first night following a delicious breakfast. When we returned, we had ourselves a lovely afternoon nap. A great pub/restaurant is just up the road. My husband wants to climb there two more times. I know where we will be staying!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family