“We really had no idea what to expect but...”

An Port Mor Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An Port Mór Restaurant is run by Chef-Proprietor Frankie Mallon. Our philosophy is to use seasonal, artisan produce from local suppliers. House specialities include pot roasted pigs cheeks with black pudding & apple and vanilla sauce and 21 day dry-aged sirloin. The main emphasis is, however, on local fresh seafood and shellfish, particularly lobster, crab, scallops and langoustines fresh from the west coast of Ireland, especially Clew Bay.
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We really had no idea what to expect but the food was exceptionally fresh and all that's best about modern Irish cuisine. The service was friendly and genuine without being overbearing. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank NinaNine
AnPortMor, Owner at An Port Mor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Thanks for the positive feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your night, and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I have been to Westport on a number of occassions recently and after having had the pleasure of eating twice in An Port Mor, I will struggle to go elsewhere when I next go to town. This restaurant is simply exceptional - from the wonderful selction of breads, the range of maincourses, the decadent petit four and do not get me started on the elderflower trifle! My mouth is beginning to water at the mere memory. Also waiting staff were excellent and best of all we had the early bird on our second visit and it offered truly remarkable value for money.

1  Thank jennyharburn
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Ate here at beginning of May with my wife and our 1 year old daughter. I had a pig cheeks & black pudding starter, which was absolutely delicious - I've never eaten black pudding that tasted so good. My main was fillet of cod, this was as delectable as the starter, perfectly cooked, tasted divine. I finished with the chocolate tart, a beautifully presented & tasty dessert. My wife is a vegetarian, and loved her meal as equally as I did mine. We also loved the wine that we chose to have with our meals. Really impressive food, and the service for the evening was most welcoming, charming & eloquent. Mór Thanks to Port Mór.

2  Thank SeanJH
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Mediterraneo closed down and An Port Mor is now open here. Great for local food, some odd choices on the menu but if you're adventurous try them and you'll be pleasantly surprised! A bit pricey but worth it..especially for the complementary petit fours (turkish delights, marshmallows etc) and homemade limoncello!

2  Thank nsteldub
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Called to Mediteraneo on Saturday night last, meal was excellent. Beautiful setting and not pretentious. We hadnt a booking but when we asked for a table for 2 he was very helpful.

2  Thank shaymo