“Great restaurant!”

Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An Port Mór Restaurant is run by Chef-Proprietor Frankie Mallon. Our philosophy is to use seasonal, artisan produce from local suppliers. House specialities include pot roasted pigs cheeks with black pudding & apple and vanilla sauce and 21 day dry-aged sirloin. The main emphasis is, however, on local fresh seafood and shellfish, particularly lobster, crab, scallops and langoustines fresh from the west coast of Ireland, especially Clew Bay.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a lovely chance meal here during our Irish holiday. The service was excellent, including great information about some of the dishes and wine, and the ambience was lovely.
I tried the pig cheeks as a starter as I'm not sure if I will get the chance again and they really were delicious. My husband had soup which he said was lovely.
We then had the lamb and a hake & scallop special as our mains. Everything was great, we especially appreciated the plentiful vegetables that came with the meal . The complementary sweet treats at the end were a nice touch.

AnPortMor, Public Relations Manager at An Port Mor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear WandTNZ,
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate your feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed the experience, especially the pigs cheeks, and hope to see you back sometime in future!

Follow us on Twitter for news & events @ APMwestport

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times and it never disappoints. The food is delicious and the service is very friendly. I have suggested this place to several people and not one of them has come back with a bad word to say!!

Westport's hidden gem! by far my favourite restaurant in the town

Dear AilisOD,
Thanks very much for taking the time to review us. We are delighted you recommend us and enjoy the 'An Port Mor' experience, be sure to let us know when you are in again!
All the best,
All the staff @ An Port Mór Restaurant

Follow us on Twitter @ APMwestport to keep up with news & events!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Recently I visited my sister in Ireland, she had made a reservation at this wonderful little restaurant in Westport, Co Mayo 'An Port Mor', I must say that the service was impeccable, the food truly delightful and the ambiance was just perfect. If you are visiting the area, you really must make a reservation at this 'hidden little gem' restaurant. I would go back in a heartbeat. The restaurant is hidden in a little alley way, so you might like to stop and ask a local person where it is, I am sure they will help.

Dear Maria G,
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed the food and service. Hope to see you back again!
All the staff @ An Port Mór restaurant

Find our menus on Facebook!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on a Martin Shanahan of Fishy Fishy in Kinsale recommendation, as he owns possibly my favourite restaurant of all time. He was spot on, this place was fantastic - everything about is was good, - food, service and staff good fun and very nice. Nothing was a problem and the food was cooked so well with some incredible flavours. If the pigs cheeks are on the menu - have them, they are delic !!!

Dear SOCDublin,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are really glad you enjoyed the experience. Pigs Cheeks are a big hit here and tend to go down a treat. Looking forward to seeing you in future!
All the staff @ An Port Mór restaurant

See our website for menu options anportmor .com

Reviewed July 31, 2013

went here on strength of previous reviews and a big thank you to all contributors , fabulous meal ,i had lobster starter my wife had crab cakes both were excellent, for mains i had hake and wife tried the cod, again both were superb , i had the lemon tart delicious , and the little surprise at the end was a really nice touch , its not cheap but the helpings are generous and the cooking is sublime ,will go back next time i am in the area oh and met a lovely american couple (was he really a pilot lol) highly recommended

Dear Stais,
Delighted you enjoyed your experience with us! Thanks for taking the time to review us and yes, I think he actually was a pilot!

Kind regards