“Do not pass it as your home from home”
Review of Broadlands B&B

Broadlands B&B
Ranked #49 of 70 Westport B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a gem. My son and I were touring Ireland on our motorcycle, and having booked looked forward to having a great time. And we were not disappointed. From the initial friendly welcome, to the spotless bedroom and ensuite, to the excellent local knowledge and advice, Joe and Bridget could not have been more helpful. And made our choice of dinner venues and bars so easy. You are 10 minutes walking from the town centre, and 5 minutes from the quay, with it's restaurants and bars, and the entrance to Westport House - which is a must visit location. When I come back I will not be checking out for the perfect place to stay - I've already found it !!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was looking for a place at the sea (5 min from the bay!), for a place close to the next Guiness (2 min to the next bar! 10 min to the next pub in the town center!) and for a place where I would actually be able to sleep (no street-noise, no loud neighbours!). Plus: I had lots of questions for locals and needed patient hosts for that. I found all that and so much more at Broadlands! Bridget and Joe are the perfect example for Irish hospitality, friendliness and knowledge, just what I was looking for. I recommend Broandlands highly, in case you can't yet tell.

Thanks so much, Bridget and Joe! I'll definitely be back! :-)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were so pleased with our choice of Broadlands B&B. It is centrally-located and well-kept. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and peaceful, and Joe and Bridget were amazing. Joe's friendly advice helped us make the most of each day we spent in Westport. We spent a whole week here, and they made us feel like family. Ample and delicious Irish breakfasts, and all the help we needed planning transportation and activities. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I cannot understand the previous (terrible) review. Are they sure they stayed at this delightful place? Perhaps not - Joe & Bridget could not have more welcoming. The bedroom and en-suite bathroom were both spotless and well furnished for this type of establishment. Good advice given for both evening dining and for touring the area (do not miss Achill Island).
Breakfast was freshly cooked and easily enough for a chap of my bulk. Good chat about interesting photos and "Hole in One" certificate in breakfast room.
I will stay here again if in the area and I highly recommend this establisment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Recently stayed here for one saturday night while in Westport for a wedding. Firstly, we received a call from the proprietor on the day of the wedding wondering where we were. As with all weddings, it was hard to get away at a particular time. Cue a most unfriendly B&B owner, and my sister having to leave the reception to collect the keys at a very inconvenient time.The room was cold and not particularly clean. The room was booked for three, although only two stayed, and we were charged €90. This was explained as the original booking was for three people. I would accept this, however, there was not even enough hot water for one shower in the morning, let alone three. And the fact that we already stated we were not for breakfast. Not to mention being shouted at through the door at 10am to get up as they wanted to 'clear the room'. Overall, not a very professional setup in my opinion. Many people will stay here and encounter no problems, but I would encourage people to go to one of the many other B&Bs in the Wesport area who will appreciate your custom with a helpful, welcoming demeanor, and enough hot water for a shower!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank galwaysean
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is the best B&B in Westport. Perfect central location, 3 min walk to Quay and 5 min walk to town center. The owners Joe and Bridget went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They were both very helpful and knowledgable of the area and were more than happy to suggest locations and activities for us to visit and do while on vacation. Extremely clean and comfortable rooms, great breakfasts and great Croagh Patrick views. I would recommend this B&B to my family, friends or anyone going to visit Westport. We had a great trip thanks to Joe, Bridget and the Broadlands B&B. You wont be disappointed.

Pat and Andrea (Vancouver, Canada)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This B&B was centrally located to access either Westport or the attractions along the bay. The hosts, Joe & Bridget were the best part of the stay. Thanks to Joe's advice we went to some places that weren't on our itinerary and saw some of the best countryside of our trip. The room was spotless and cozy and breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends