“Delightful guesthouse”
Review of Altamont B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
Altamont B&B
Ranked #12 of 68 Westport B&B and Inns
Muff, Ireland
“Delightful guesthouse”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during the Westport Music Festival 2014. It was the perfect resting place. Just a 5min walk from town we could escape the hustle and bustle when needed! Mary was a delightful hostess. Her back garden is a little haven. Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Grainne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We could not have been more warmly welcomed and well treated by the owner, Mary Sheridan. We were exhausted after a long hike and she even offered to run out and get a take away for us! Our room overlooked a gorgeous garden. Just a few feet from the Greenway and the center of town and right next door to a laundry as well!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank J1E2M
Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you are taking a short holiday in the Westport Area and you need a base - look no further than Altamont House. Spotless, great sleep, a sumptious breakfast to suit all tastes and above all the amazing host Mary. It is only a short walk to the town center which is very convenient in the evening if you partake of a Guinness or a Glass of Wine.

Myself and my Brother have being staying with Mary for over 10 years before we visit cousins in east Mayo. I travel abroad a lot work wise staying in hotels and there is nothing to compare with the Mary's hospitality - a home from home feel.

If you are exploring the country side, coastal areas, golfing or cycling the Westport Way to Achill, start out with that wholesome Irish breakfast - always cooked fresh just for you.

A great Host for a great little Town.

Michael - Dublin

Room Tip: Talk to Mary she will assist.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank michael m
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Although this B&B is on a busy road, once you're inside, it's quiet. Mary is an absolute honey - chatty and informative; she made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts were ample and excellent. Westport is ideal if you wish to explore Connemara, which is a beautiful region. From the B&B you can easily walk into town for a bite to eat in the evenings - Mary has some good tips! If ever we're in the area again, we'll stay here again.
Kind regards from Dirk & Anita (The Netherlands)

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back of the house for a view of the beautiful garden!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DirAn6264
Harefield
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the years and as always, have only experienced a thoroughly enjoyable and pleasant stay. This B & B is located just a few minutes from the town centre making it a perfect location for anyone wishing to stay in Westport. As other reviewers have stated, Mary, will welcome you with open arms (and a very tasty cup of tea and scones on your arrival). She realy makes your stay feel so much more personal and homely than a regular hotel where they never get to know their guests (and charge a lot lot more). Its the little touches that make you feel special on your stay.

The rooms are all spotlessly clean and spacious and the beds very comfortable. We can particularly recommend the rooms overlooking the lovely garden at the rear which is a great place to sit outside in in the summer.

Again, as others have said the breakfasts are delicious and very plentiful with everything you could ask for. Special mention goes to the tasty sausages which are the best we have tasted in Ireland. Cant recommend this B & B highly enough for comfort, value for money, level of service and such a pleasant stay. We will definitely be back again !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shaneyuk
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed my first night in hotel in westport and decided to stay a second night when I was walking pasted this b&b as the town was so incredible and this b&b look beautiful. I went in and straight away the Owner Mary was incredible she even gave me her price when I asked and said have a look around and decide but I didn't need to straight away she gave me a beautiful room it was a double room and a fine sized one shower had hot water at a switch, a telly and on suite. Mary is one incredible lady gave me any information I might need and where is lovely to go as I living in cork I had never been to Westport and I have to say my breakfast she made fresh for me was absolutely delicious it beat the breakfast in my 5 star hotel.
I will definitely be returning to Westport and I will not be looking any where but here to stay. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Niamh R
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed in this B&B at the weekend and was very impressed. I arrived on a cold day to a warm welcome from Mary, who could not have been more helpful and offering tea on arrival. The location was very handy, just a 5 minute walk from the centre of town and the same to the fantastic Greenways trail. The room was clean, warm and breakfast was great. I look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo