“Valentine's Day Treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Clock Tavern
Ranked #55 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Valentine's Day Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our Valentine's Day dinner was delightful! The food was excellent, with a lovely 4 course meal and a bottle of wine. The views from the restaurant are always nice, but the evening was very overcast, so not as spectacular as they have been other times. This is a good place to eat, with good food and nice atmosphere.

Visited February 2014

Galway, Ireland
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

found a jewel on the streets of Westport I ordered the salmon and it was best salmon I have eaten in years added to that the vegetables were the best that I have received in ages lovely cauliflower, broccoli ,carrots and new potatoes. I am not a fan of boiled potatoes out so ordered a side of chips and these were excellent as well .Overloaded on potatoes in fact everything was so lovely that there was nothing left on the plates going back, my sister ordered the same with same responses .The other items on menu were good pub food and nice portions not overloading the plate and bags of flavour. Everything tasted how it should and it is something that you rarely find. Definitely a 10 out of 10 .
The service was impeccable also great advice on menu and checking to see if all was ok exceptionally trained staff ,the best service we have seen in operation in ages ,all staff that looked after us were male and irish as it happens . Great pub restaurant atmosphere and no rush to get you out .We did order chocolate foundant but were out of it so decided to share a sticky toffee pudding . We got two decent portions on pate but pudding was not the best very dry so we did not eat it but sauce and icecream good so tried to salvage our waistlines after gorgeous mains. Keep up the good work .Only one small critism is that desserts are too expensive at €5.50 which is seems to be normal price but find fewer are ordering them now However we did not complain as we had eaten our fill anyway

• Visited September 2013
Ghent, Belgium
“Good if you want a basic meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My companion had the Irish stew which was good but my sirloin steak was horrible!
Lot of fat and not tasty, luckily I have good teeth!

Staff is not that professional but ok.

A bit over expensive, A good thing: although I don't know if it was on purpose or by accident, when I told the steak was awful it was billed at a much lower price that made it a bit better.

But my tip: go elsewhere in town ;)

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Galway, Ireland
“Croagh Patrick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great food after a tough hike! Could not fault the main or dessert! Goujons were great with sweet chilli!

• Visited August 2013
cork
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Came across The Clock Tavern by accident last week. While everyone seemed to be very busy as it was getting late when we called, I have to say that the food served was absolutely great. While it not be high class cuisine, it was good wholesome great tasting food (I had the lamb chops)
Would definitely recommend this restaurant for food.

• Visited August 2013