“Great spot”

Mill Times Hotel Westport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Westport
“Great spot”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Gang of us stayed for a xmas party. Highly recommended. Staff - Pauline and geraldine and not forgetting the great bar man could not have been any nicer.rooms were clean and spotless. Great shower. Last but not least the food was fabulous. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank sandraandjohnny
Colette M, Front Office Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you sandraandjohnny for sharing your experience at the Mill Times Hotel for your Christmas Party, and thank you for your lovely comments on our staff, and your high recommendations. We are delighted to hear that you had a great night and enjoyed out Hotel .
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon and hope you will recommend us to your friends.
Kind regards, Colette Moran, Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I and three other couples spent a very enjoyable weekend in this hotel. From start to finish it was a positive experience. We found the staff to be extremely friendly, helpful and always ready for a chat or a joke. We were checked in very quickly and we were on a deal and were handed our vouchers for afternoon tea and evening meal without having to ask for them.

Our room was spacious with the biggest bed we have ever had in a hotel. The bathroom was also quite large and very warm. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the reception area is done in beautiful oak and is very welcoming. The restaurant is very tastefully furnished with beautiful crystal lights. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the service was very efficient. The bar food is also excellent. Their home made scones are to die for. The restaurant/bar manageress was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for her.

The hotel is in the centre of Wesport and is only a few minutes walk from excellent bars such as Mat Molloy's. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and the eight of us definitely plan on making a return visit in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Connie5192
Colette M, Front Office Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you Connie5192 for posting your review.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Good Times at the Mill Times on your recent visit to Westport. As you mention, we are in a great location, with many shops, pubs and restaurants just around the corner! We are so pleased that you found our friendly and welcoming staff on hand to help, as we pride ourselves in our customer service.
We were very pleased to read that you sampled our dinner menu in Temptations Restaurant and thank you for your lovely comments and high recommendations!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 9.15pm on Friday night and unfortunately, our check-in experience set a bad tone from the start. We spent 15 minutes standing at the reception desk waiting for the receptionist to deal with us as she was on a call. She rolled her eyes periodically, and mouthed 'sorry' to us for the quarter of an hour we were standing there, it would perhaps have made more sense to tell the caller that she would return to them after she had dealt with the paying guests who were standing at reception after a 4 hour drive? It also made us wonder if this was the usual attitude towards callers, the eye rolling was horribly unprofessional.
The rooms in the hotel are very tired and in need of a big refurbishment. The curtains were faded and did not close properly, and the lighting in the room was not sufficient. The bathroom was adequate but very basic.
We spent the day Saturday wandering around Westport and returned to the hotel at 5.30pm to get ready for dinner which we had booked for 8pm in the hotel restaurant. I went to have a shower at 6pm and found the water was stone cold. I called down to reception (as did my friend in an adjoining room) and I was informed the immersion was not turned on until 6.30-7pm!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!!! I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where hot water was not available day and night throughout my stay. The attitude of the receptionist was patronising and unprofessional, and she spoke to my friend in the adjoining room in a very unprofessional manner. The manager came up to speak to us and was equally unhelpful, at not time was an apology offered, there seemed to be disbelief that we would expect there to be hot water in our bathrooms at 6.30pm! As compensation for the hot water issue, we were offered complimentary wine with our meal in the restaurant.
The food in the restaurant was excellent! The female restaurant manager/supervisor was attentive and professional and the wait staff were friendly and accommodating. This was a huge contrast with our experience of the reception staff.
All in all, a very mixed experience in this hotel, I would not be in a rush to return and I could not recommend staying here as there are other far better alternatives in my experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank susand9433
Colette M, General Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Susand9433
Thank you for taking your time and writing about your recent stay at Mill Times Hotel. I was obviously extremely disappointed to read the contents of the review and I sincerely apologise that we did not live up to your expectations. Your comments have been passed on to our Front Office Team and they will investigate further.
Once I was made aware that you had informed reception regarding your hot water supply, I personally called to your room. I apologized for any inconvenience this had caused, and immediately offered you and your guest an alternative dinner time to accommodate any delays this had caused. We rectified the hot water supply immediately, I am pleased to learn that you and your guests enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant and I have passed on your comments to our restaurant team. I hope that the wine supplied was to your satisfaction as this was on your request as a token of our apology.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us the next time you are in Westport

Francis Breslin
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My partner and I were looking for somewhere to eat during our recent trip to Westport. However a lot of places had finished serving or were fully booked by the time we got out (approximately 8.30pm) on a saturday. We tried many places along the way then finally came to Mill Times Hotel. The bar area was very lively with a good crowd and mix of ages. We were lucky enough to get a table straight away!. We both ordered chicken which had a black pudding mash and a mushroom cream sauce. It has to have been the most amazing piece of food I have ever tasted. The staff were brilliant, catered to us very well and did a great job! I wanted to go back the next night but we couldn't unfortunately.

This will be a definite place we shall go back to the next time we're in westport. Thank you for some amazing food!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank podge76
Colette M, Front Office Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you Podge76 for sharing your experience of Mill Times Hotel Westport. I was pleased to read that you sampled the food in our Uncle Sam's Cafe Bar and we are happy you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming team, who are on hand to help our guests in any way they can.
Thank you for your high recommendations and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had read some of the bad reviews before leaving for my trip but I had won a weekend at this hotel so had to go. I am VERY HAPPY TO REPORT that this is a lovely hotel, staff very friendly, nothing was too much trouble, clean and fresh smelling everywhere, food (only had breakfast) was lovely and plentiful, rooms were great with all necessary items, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, an abundance of tea and coffee facilities. I loved the Mill Times and can certainly recommend it. Wesport itself was charming and a visit to Westport House is a must.

Room Tip: Our room 335 overlooks the main street so you can hear the traffic, if you are a light sleeper ask f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HOL66
Thank you HOL66 for sharing your experience at the Mill Times Hotel on your recent visit to Westport. Firstly, let me congratulate you on winning your prize, and thank you for your lovely comments on our staff, and your high recommendations.
Kind regards, Colette Moran, Front of House Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This quaint hotel in the west of Ireland was a great value, and the staff were amazing. The room was comfortable and quaint as is usually expected in Ireland. For just €10 each you can include the Irish breakfast, which is the traditional way to start the day, as well as a buffet of cereals and pastries. We loved this hotel and when we return to Ireland in 2015, it will be one of our stops once again!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. One tip however. If you wish to use a face cloth, you may want to ask for o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BCHawksguy
Thank you BCHawksguyfor sharing your experience at the Mill Times Hotel on your recent visit to Westport, and thank you for your lovely comments on our staff, and your high recommendations. We are a home away from home in this small boutique hotel, where customer service is our forté.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Ireland!
Kind regards,
Longford
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Many thank's to Geraldine and all the staff at the Mill Time's Hotel Westport for the beautiful welcome and hospitality extended to us during our recent visit to Westport. After the recent berevement of Maureen's mam we took a short break at The Mill Times. The hospitality, warmth and friendliness of Geraldine and all the staff was tremendous and beyond words of appreciation. Once again- sincere thanks to all concerned and continued and well deserved success to the best hotel in Westport.---John&Maureen.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Maureen & John for sharing your experience of Mill Times Hotel Westport. I was very sorry to hear about your recent bereavement, and I hope you will accept my sincere condolences. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming team, especially Geraldine, who are on hand to help our guests in any way they can. Thank you for your high recommendations, we are certainly pleased that we were able to be of some comfort to you during this sad time