“good location and good food, car park and bedroom poor”

Mill Times Hotel Westport
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently stayed here for a few nights, booked a triple room, room was small and very dated, especially the TV could not watch many stations as some stations had crackling noises from them. The car park is mentioned on website and that is why we booked this hotel, but when we arrived it was full and had to pay in car park across road. This should be mentioned on website as it wasnt very nice to drive in and out of a very very small car park and look for a car park and carry our lugguage over to hotel, I feel the reception staff should offer to help you with luggage as we seen plenty of staff on duty.
The food was very nice and waitressing staff were very accomadating. bottled water in room was available at a charge of €5.00 per bottle, we felt this was way too expensive.
Overall we had a good stay but not keen to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank smalltourist
Colette M, Front Office Manager at Mill Times Hotel Westport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you smalltourist for sharing your experience of Mill Times Hotel Westport. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming team, who are on hand to help our guests in any way they can. Our bottled water is complimentary for our hotel residents with a fee of €5 if you wish to take the bottle away with you. Thank you for highlighting our shortcomings and noting where we can improve. I will bring your comments to the attention of our General Manager.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a special occasion. I rang the hotel in advance and booked directly. I requested to be placed in the best room possible. I booked the hotel based on reviews from trip advisor. I have never been so disappointed in any hotel in all my life. The standard in the hotel is very poor. I paid for the hotel in full on arrival. Never again will I pay for a hotel like that again. The minute I walked into the room I immediately wanted to leave again. Disgusted doesn’t even being to cover my emotion. I seriously considered leaving even though it was fully paid. The rooms are very old fashioned and the bed was very hard and saggy in the middle. There were cracked tiles in the bathroom and there was no hot water in the shower one morning. The room was off the road so very loud outside after the pubs close. Also parking is very limited and the spaces are very tight. The breakfast menu reads like a five star hotel but unfortunately the food isn’t quite so good. The food was cold and the serving were small. This hotel was not worth the price. I have stayed in Westport a few times and there are defiantly far better hotels in Westport that would provide a much better room for the same price. My boyfriend couldn’t believe how much I paid he thought I had got some deal. Needless to say I will never stay in this hotel again. It grand a night out on the town with friend where you just want somewhere to rest for a few hours but otherwise stay well away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DT45

Thank you DT45 for taking the time to write a review of the Mill Times Hotel Westport.
I am very disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay at our Hotel and I apologise that on this occasion, we were not able to meet your expectations. I would like to assure you that we take all our guests comments on board and I would like to thank you for highlighting our shortcomings. I have brought your comments to the attention of our General Manager.
Kind Regards,
Colette Moran, Front of House Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel recently. It is central to the town and easy walking distance to good restaurants and pubs. Hotel bar menu very good. Equally the restaurant has a good choice. Staff were impeccable. Our room needed a bit of renovation but was clean and relatively comfortable. Parking is limited in the hotel carpark.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you Midmoe for sharing your experience of Mill Times Hotel Westport. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming team, who are on hand to help our guests in any way they can, and thank you for your high recommendations especially for our staff.
I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel was very good with a central location in Westport. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Our room was very good with a first class bed, large bathroom and a modern television. Being in the middle of town we did not expect a view and we were not disappointed that we overlooked the back yard.
Our evening meal was the best we have ever had and worth the visit if we did nothing else. The staff could not have been more friendly.
Our only negative relates to parking. We selected this hotel as it advertised free parking, however, the car park was always full and we needed to use public car parks. A little honesty in this small area would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view or a car park space, otherwise all the room are great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you AnneandArk for sharing your experience of Mill Times Hotel Westport. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming team, who are on hand to help our guests in any way they can, and thank you for your high recommendations, especially for our Restaurant.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by lovely receptionist and shown to our luxurious room.
Overall standard of the hotel was excellent.
The food was scrumptious Compliments to the chef!!!
Service was beyond reproach.
Many thanks to Francis and all the lovely sfaff at Mill Times.
Hugh & Rosaleen Cavan.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you Rosi90 for sharing your experience of Mill Times Hotel Westport. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming team, who are on hand to help our guests in any way they can, and thank you for your high recommendations.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This "hotel" is awful. I stayed here for one night last weekend and I was never so disappointed in any hotel I have stayed in. We arrived and our room was still not clean. We were told to come on in and wait until the cleaner had finished. Our room was looking onto the street and the window sill was flooded with water as it was leaking. the dark green carpet was saturated in rain water. We initially left the room to go for a walk down town and from the street we noticed that there was a new curtain put in in our window. Some staff member had entered our room when we were out without any notice. Throughout the night we couldn't sleep due to loud noise as our room was situated right at the elevator, no wifi, no comfort, no heating in the room, awful management who had no interest in our concerns, dirty towels, 6 stations on tv, 2 rte1, 2utv and 2 rte2! I would never recommend anyone to stay in this over priced, horrible "hotel".

Room Tip: Just don't book any room in this hotel. There are so many guest houses and other hotels in the a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren914

Thank you Lauren914 for taking the time to post your comments.
We have followed up with our accommodation department with regard to the points you raised. At checkout you duly raised your concerns which were noted by the manager on duty. With regard to the issue you noted regarding the rate you paid online we encourage guests to book directly to get more favourable and flexibility with rates.
Kind regards, Colette Moran, Front of House Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel is old fashioned but very welcoming and friendly. It seemed to me to be really catering for tourists and families rather than business people.
Location is very central, nice food, extremely pleasant staff but the rooms are very outdated.

Overall good value for money

1  Thank Porla

Thank you Porla for sharing your experience at the Mill Times Hotel on your recent visit to Westport, and thank you for your lovely comments on our staff, and your high recommendations. We are a home away from home in this small boutique hotel, where customer service is our forté.
We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Westport.
Kind regards, Colette Moran, Front of House Manager