Bertra House B&B
$182
Clew Bay Hotel(Westport)
$178
  • Restaurant
Westport Country Lodge Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
$118
$188
$212
$184
HotelsClick
The Wyatt Hotel(Westport)(Great Value!)
$155
$133
HotelsClick
$236
getaroom.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscroagh patrickdelicious irish breakfastrefilled dailyunspoilt beachdining room and sitting roommin drivewonderful homeholy mountainclew baya lovely place to staywestport arearecent staywarm hospitalitytea and coffeefriendly welcomeirish hospitalityroom was clean and comfortable
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed at Bertra house with my boyfriend and his parents (who have never been to Ireland before) because of it's location - which is located at the foot of Croaigh Patrick and approx 500 yards from the beach. The location was out of this world and the sunny June weekend that we had, showed Croaigh Patrick and the beach, off to their best potential. The weather was that good we could actually see the church on the top of Croaigh Patrick, it was absolutely stunning.

Margaret, the owner of Bertra House welcomed us with a true Irish welcome and told us to come and go as we pleased. The rooms were tidy & clean and the breakfast was lovely, especially the home baked soda bread!! My boyfriends parents were given a 'room with a view' which overloooked the beach and has left them wanting to come back to Ireland and this little haven next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Nestled between the foothills of Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay, lovely Bertra House is a treasure waiting to be discovered. Sheep, a gentle dog, and the owner, Margaret Gill, welcome visitors warmly. She thoughtfully has placed a litter of bottled water, candy bars, and tea in each room. Breakfast is served in the delightfully clean front room at your chosen time. I highly recommend this B&B to any staying the Mayo area; you are just a few minutes away from incredible beauty and a few minutes away from downtown Westport which offers the traveler good dinner options and a new recreational center with a 25 meter pool. My visits to Ireland as a featured author for Tourism Ireland take me to the country often, and this B&B stands out as one of the best!

Ellen Puff
St. Paul, Minnesota

Featured author for Tourism Ireland - “Finding Family: Tips for Tracing Your Ancestors”

Former Board of Director member and Education Chairperson (2002-2003) for
Irish Genealogical Society International (IGSI)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2009

It is an ideal place to stay if you want to climb Croagh Patrick, tour west Mayo and Connemara and visit the beautiful islands off the west coast.. About Bertra House the ambience is wonderful. You are made to feel at home from once you enter the houes .Margaret is a wonderful hostess. She cares about the comforts of her guests,

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Bertra House B&B is one of the most comfortable, clean and friendly b&b i have ever stayed in. If your looking for somewhere to stay in Westport, look no further. Service was excellent and the owner was at hand to help in every way she could. Very friendly atmosphere which made our stay very enjoyable. The rooms were very comfortable and equipped with everything we needed and the breakfast was excellent. I will certainly be revisiting Bertra House in the future!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2009

IF there is anyone in Ireland who regulates the B&B industry they should put this irresponsible woman out of business. She doesn't honor her reservations.. SHE Does not take responsibility for her actions. i WAS TRAVELLING BY MYSELF WITH 3 KIDS. i had confirmed my reservations and gave her the approximate time of arrival since I was coming from Connermara. I arrive in the pouring rain at 7:30 in the evening to be told "I have a sad tale to tell you". Her daughter arrived that day, from Dublin and booked my rooms to her frineds and I would have to stay somewhere else. Why, when she discovered the daughter's error she didn't contact the friends and correct the error, which would have been the appropriate course of action, I don't know. when your are traveling with 3 tired hungry kids, this was my worst nightmare. Personally, I hope she goes out of business, she should be ashamed of herself.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank hopepa
bertra, owner at Bertra House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2009

In response to the allegations made I would like to point out a number of errors.
Firstly, as I explained my daughter did let the rooms by mistake but it was to paying guests not friends and as they had booked in I could nothing to rectify the problem except apologise and get alternative accommodation which I did, not only that I drove her to the other guest house.
Secondly the lady in question didn't ring to confirm her time of arrival which should be done if arriving after 6pm and she didn't arrive until 8.30, not 7.30 as she stated and finally they were not "kids" in the car but all adults, true they were her children but adults non the less. I freely admit it was an error on my behalf and my daughter's but in the circumstances I did the best I could and all previous guests have been very well pleased with my hospitality.