“Jewel in Westport's Crown”
Review of Sol Rio

Sol Rio
Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Sol Rio Restaurant is located in the heart of Westport (across from Matt Mollys Bar)opened since 1997. Proprietors are Sinead Lambert & Portuguese husband & Chef Jose Barroso. Lunch served from 11.30am - Dinner served from 5.30pm. Bookings 098 28944. Coach & Car Parking to rear. Serving award winning great value delicious homemade food which is sourced locally.
Surrey
“Jewel in Westport's Crown”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great food, excellent value and good service...ate at both the restaurant and the cafe and both were excellent. Well done Sinead and team...keep up the good work!

Visited January 2013

Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Start your day with a superb breakfast.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Choices. choices and more choices - excellent value. Their main menu was quite extensive and we will definitely go back.

Visited January 2013
“Staff amazing and very child friendly , food excellant and early bird menu unbelievable value for money”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We arrived with our boisterous 2year old and were instantly made to feel welcome ( which we didn't find in other resturaunts in Westport ) even after 5 mins at the table and one broken glass!!! The staff were so nice and really understood that as a couple we wanted to eat in a resturaunt like adults with a child . They provided colouring books engaged our child and made us feel welcome our food was from the early bird menu and was excellant all round for three courses for 2 adults and a nutrious dinner for our child with ice cream and a bottle of wine was €76.00 !!!would go back in a heartbeat . My partner ordered lamb and it was a bit tough the staff were so apologetic the minute ny partner asked for a steak knife they knew that the meat was not how it should be and were instantly offering a replacement , and the lady waitress insisted in deducting the lamb from the bill .it's been a long time since I have been in a resturaunt that really ticks all the boxes especially with a toddler in toe!!will be back next time we are out west!oh and the deserts are amazing !!!

“Such a nice spot”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked at the last minute and took a toddler with us for a start. The staff could not have been more helpful. The atmosphere even early in the evening was just right. The starter ESP the spicy chicken goujouns were beautiful, my partner was amazed at the food, she also had prawns for the mains which I tasted, seriously seriously good. Unfortunately I ordered lamb shank way to early in the evening and as the staff tried to please me it was served to quick. I have no quarry that if left for a while the lamb would have been perfect. The staff knew the lanb was not quite good enough and with out e en asking knocked it off the bill. I just have to say although my main wasn't quite perfect, the staff were perfect, the food that I had and my partners ( apart from the lamb just at that time) was perfect and it's a lovely restaurant. Well done people of the sol rio " we will be back except without the baby" ha ha. Thanks again

Sligo, Ireland
“Xmas special”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had our dinner here the other night and felt inclined to write about it.

2 course Xmas menu for 22 euros or 3 course for 26 euros. My wife had the crab cake starter and the lobster spaghetti main, both of which she said were very very tasty. Half a lobster and scallops and a nicely rich sauce with the spaghetti. Couldn't be beaten for the value.

I went off the Xmas menu and had the grill special, that included lobster, scallops, languestine, clams and muscles - delish....

We'll be back