“Great food and Craic”

The Helm Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you are staying anywhere near the quays in Wesport, be sure to visit this great Pub/Restaurant. The food is fantastic but you may need to wait or book ahead. There's plenty of great craic and entertainment. Vinny iand his staff are great hosts. Enjoy....

1  Thank Leo M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were in Westport at the beginning of February and as always had booked the previous week for the Saturday night at "The Helm Restaurant". It was very busy (booked out) but Shane as usual gave individual attention and made time to make everyone feel very welcome. We had stuffed mushrooms for starters and my husband had the black sole and I had the chicken dish which I absolutely love. This restaurant never fails to astonish me. Their good food is consistent no matter how busy they are and it has always has a great atmosphere. We have had some family "big birthdays" here at the Helm and also stayed in their accommodation which is really comfortable and spacious.

We are looking forward to many more trips to Westport during 2013 and will definitely be back to "The Helm" which adds so much to our weekends away.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Visited The Helm by chance with my wife and sister as a birthday treat for my sister. We dropped in quite late around 8.45pm. My sister and I both had the crab claws in butter which were superb. Then it was fillet steaks and salad. There was no Champagne on the wine list but I asked the barman who provided a lovely bottle of Champagne at a very reasonable price. It finished off the dinner perfectly. A great impromptu evening made better by the food and service. The Helm was a great place.

1  Thank ScouseIrish
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The food here is excellent and they are very baby friendly, even in the evening! We go every time we are in Westport!

1  Thank MrJonesfries
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a great bar that also offer accommodation. The staff are really helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant is also excellent. Highly recommended.

1  Thank DeeStourbridge