“Just back from a one night stay in the Harlequin .”

Harlequin Hotel Castlebar
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Castlebar
Dublin
“Just back from a one night stay in the Harlequin .”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We got a great deal for a 1 night stay in the Harlequin and had a lovely time.. Martina on reception was excellent as were the Bar staff . Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Our neighbours were very quiet (local Graveyard !!) Excellent location for good variety of shops and just a short stroll to a good selection of local pubs. Breakfast was good and was the Hotest Buffet we have experienced in a long time. Hope to return for a longer stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Joan023

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Harlequin hotel and I am glad that you had a lovely time. I will pass on your complements to Martina on reception and too to the bar staff that you found to be excellent. I was delighted to read that rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. The hotel is in an excellent location with a good variety of shops and just a short stroll away from the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast offering and that you found it to be one of the Hottest Buffet we have experienced in a long time.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time.

Lynda Foley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
belmullet
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Any time im in castlebar for an overnight stay I always stay in the Harlequin. It is very clean, the staff are very welcoming and helpful. the food is to die for. iv recently stayed here for two nights. on arrival the receptionist was very pleasant. the first thing she said to me was "welcome back". I got the same reception by the restaurant staff. very helpful and pleasant.now iv stayed in many hotels but iv never got a welcome back from any of the receptionists in any of them. i don't get to stay in castlebar very often so to have such a warm welcome was lovely. I am a wheelchair user and this hotel is fully accessible. I cannot wait to book another night in the harlequin. Lovely, Friendly Staff, Fabulous Food and a hotel that is fully wheelchair accessible. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to Castlebar.

Room Tip: Its worth giving the hotel a call and telling them your requirements. they will do everything in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear tessieBelmullet

Thank you for always choosing to stay with us at the Harlequin Hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you always find the hotel very clean and the team here very welcoming and helpful. I am glad that you really enjoy our food offering but more importantly that the receptionist was very pleasant. and welcoming on arrival back to the hotel.
As you mentioned our hotel is very accessible and wheelchair user friendly. Thank you for recommending the hotel and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed at the Harlequin Hotel for 4 nights while on a Coach Tour for 5 days with my 3 sisters.. food was lovely, staff very very helpful and friendly. Rooms where very nice. Enjoyed local pubs and live music.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lilymcfadyen231
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear lilymcfadyen231

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Harlequin. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your four nights stay with us and that you found the food was lovely, our team very very helpful and friendly. You mentioned that you enjoyed the local pubs and live music during your stay in Castlebar,
We hope to welcome you back again,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night in room 312. A number of things with room that disappointed. Too small for 2 adults and 3 kids(under 4). Room was really warm and stayed like that all the time,air con should be standard in a 4 star, the plastic toilet seat was loose and a hazard as it kept sliding to 1 side. The toilet roll holder was broken. No fridge/minibar in room.
The staff were really nice and very approachable. The room was very clean and really nice decor. Reception was really nice and very calming. Breakfast was great lots of choice.
Overall this is a really nice hotel it just , from my experience , is not a 4 star.
We stayed here sat 1st June 2013.
Would I go back, yes . But I would request air con and a bigger room.

Room Tip: Request air con you will need it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear joxer49,

I was most disappointed to read your review on the hotel especially since you disagree with our grading and all the great reviews we have received on Trip Advisor from guest that stayed with us recently. You mentioned in your review that you found the room to be too small, as you booked an executive room that was a double and single bed. We do have family rooms and courtyard rooms that are more suitable for families with fridges but you choose not to book one of these and opted for an executive room.

The weather thankfully was very warm at the weekend and we sent a number of fans to guest bedrooms, as we do not have air conditioning in the guest bedrooms. If you contacted reception we would have left a fan in your room too. Thank you for bringing to my attention about the toilet seat being loose both this and the toilet paper holder has been fixed today.
I am glad that you found the team nice and very approachable, and that your room was very clean and we a good selection on the breakfast buffet, thank you for choosing to stay with us again, and next time may I suggest that you book a family room or courtyard room as they are more suitable for families.
We look forward to welcoming you back again,
Kingscourt, Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently spent two nights in the harlequin and I was very impressed! I managed to get a great deal for midweek and it was wonderful. The hotel is very modern and very very clean. The staff were all very helpful. We had an evening meal and breakfast and could find no major faults! All in all a great hotel, a pity about the town not much to do or see. Very run down since i was there a few years ago, tourism has obvioulsy left the towns in the west.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CharlotteF21,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you were very impressed with Harlequin, and that you managed to get a great deal for midweek. As you mentioned our hotel is very modern and very clean. I will pass on your comments to the team that you found all were very helpful.
I am glad that you had the opportunity to dine with us and that you enjoyed both Dinner and Breakfast.

There has been some recent development in Tourism in Castlebar in the past 12 months with the opening of the Lough Lannagh walk, this is just across the road from the Harlequin Hotel and it is a 3 km walk around Lough Lanngh Lake and the linking in of Castlebar to the Great Western Green way, has all helped Tourism in the area.
Unfortunately when you were here there were no shows in the Royal Theatre that is located just next door to the Harlequin, as this is a major attraction as the largest theatre in the West of Ireland that has many national and international playing there,
We hope to welcome you back again,
General Manger
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed in the hotel with bunch of groups the hotel it self was lovely, rooms are spotless. But the staffs in the hotel made the experience the Asian girl was a darling. Breakfast was buffet type food so all she bought us was teas or coffee but I don't really drink teas/coffees neither my husband so I asked her to make us hot chocolate she got it for us very quickly despite the fact that breakfast was very busy but she was giving everybody the attention like that.my husband and I really enjoyed our stay and the total experience we had in the hotel will definitely coming back next year.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Harvey6707

Thank you, so much for taking the time to write a review on the Harlequin Hotel. I am glad you’re your room was spotless and I really appreciate your kind comments about Fatima in the restaurant, I will certainly will pass on your lovely feedback to her.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our stay with us and more importantly that you will be back again next year.

We look forward to welcoming you back,
Dublin
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews, I had high expectations and I wasn't disappointed. Hotel's decor is so sumptuous and rich. The staff were polite and welcoming.

My room was spotless with two beds in the room. The mirror on the wall... How anyone can call it gaudy, I don't know! It's so elegant! The bed was so comfortable!! The bed linen was really good quality too.

I was only there one night for business, I arrived too late for the Early Bird & wasn't prepared to pay €20 for a main course. The restaurant was really busy but the absence of a bar menu is sorely missed but its understandable due to restricted space.

I booked room only as I had a very early start and was a little put off breakfast by some negative reviews of it.

I really enjoyed my stay and if ever in Castlebar again, I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Muffinmel

I am delighted to read that we meet your expectations, and that you were not disappointed with your stay at the Harlequin Hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you found the team was polite and welcoming and your room was spotless clean and you like the mirror. We get mixed opinions on our bedroom mirror but thank you for your opinion, I appreciate that you think it is elegant. The beds are indeed comfy and sometime people actually want to buy the beds.

I hope that next time you might get to travel on leisure and stay for a little while longer,
We look forward to welcoming you back again,
Lynda Foley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebar
Breaffy Woods Hotel
#2 of 14 in Westport
The Castlecourt Hotel
The Castlecourt Hotel
#6 of 14 in Westport

Been to Harlequin Hotel Castlebar? Share your experiences!