“weekend break”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Castlebar
Strabane, United Kingdom
“weekend break”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Just spent 2 nights (11 and 12 November 2011) in this hotel. Great value. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a great selection, catered for all needs.
restaurant was great for the evening meals also.
Staff were really helpful & friendly.
Free parking in the multi-storey car park next door.
Accessible to the royal theatre next door without having to go outside.
Free wi-fi in all rooms.
Very quiet location, you'll not fall out with the neighbours (graveyard). Few minutes walk from the shops.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Cat8 109,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on my hotel, I really appreciate you comments and I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us here in Castlebar. I will pass on your feedback to all the team especially the restaurant staff, as you mentioned the hotel is ideally located when going to see a show in the Royal Theatre,we hope to welcome you back again soon,
Lynda Foley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here with my partner on the Saturday of the October bank holiday weekend 2011. The bedroom and food in the restaurant were lovely. However, the room looked onto the busy Westport road. Had a very bad nights sleep. The room hasn't been soundproofed very well and the road noise is very audible. Our room was also adjacent to the multi-storey carpark and there was a car alarm which kept going off all night. Won't ever stay in this hotel again due to a very restless night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear CA,
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We place great importance on guest feedback so your comments are greatly appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed some of your stay with us but I was very disappointed to read about the noise which you experienced in the early hours of the morning that was coming from the multi storey car park. My sincere apologies for this.

I am disappointed that I did not get the opportunity to speak with you prior to your departure as I do not like people to leave with such a low opinion of our hotel as you have formed.
I hope that you may consider staying with us again and that you contact me directly when booking.
Enniscrone
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayd in Harlequin on 15 Oct, with my husband. Same as our earlier ovrnite here the hotel is just beautiful, splendid decor throughout, so bright, fantastic, big, comfortable bed, very quiet outside - as hotel not on main road lead to a great nights sleep. All Staff so welcoming, friendly, helpful, courteous. Breakfast excellent, with a variety to choose from - I never ate as nice fruit cocktail anywhere I've stayed. The TF theatre only 10 yds from this hotel is a real plus, also many shops, hotel not in town yet just a ten mn walk away. Great to park car in adjoining indoor car park at NO extra cost, free to guests. Would highly recommend the harlequin for a fantastic experience & Great value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear Claire C,
Thank you kindly for writing a review about your stay here at the Harlequin. It was a pleasure to read that you really enjoyed our decor and service. The location is indeed great just a few minutes walk away from the hustle and bustle of the shops, cafés and theatre. I am glad that you found a good selection on the breakfast buffet; we really look forward to welcoming you back again,
Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Just spent the weekend in this beautiful boutique hotel right in the heart of Castlebar. As we got it on the Supervalu breakaway deal (2 nights B&B €75) i wasn't expecting much of the hotel, however was delighted to find it was so lovely. Rooms are very spacious & spotless clean, beds are sooooo comfy,breakfast was lovely with a great selection. Staff were really lovely, helpful & friendly. The only thing this hotel lacks is entertainment in the evening for the residents. As it rained the entire weekend we didnt want to leave the hotel in the evening, we enjoyed each evening but it would have been nice to have a little entertainment on one of the nights. I look forward to returning to this very welcoming hotel in the near future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Avonalllie,
I would like to thank you for writing a review on the hotel, I am glad that you found the offer good value and that more importantly that you enjoyed your break with us perhaps next time you might book direct with us on our website as we have so really great special offers on at the moment. I know that last weekend we did not have entertainment on as many of our guests were going to see Dickie Rock in the theatre next door, but this bank holiday we have music on in the hotel, we hope to welcome you back again soon,
Dublin
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend while visiting family. Room was nice, one of those that you know that could be better, but still did the job. Don't usually have room service breakfast as it can go badly wrong, defiantly not an issue here, specific requests were met to a 'T'.
Breakfast in the restaurant also good, but selection a little limited.

1 Thank ledpjk
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear ledpjk,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Harlequin. I really appreciate and welcome feedback and I am delighted to read that room service was as it should be. You mentioned that you found the buffet breakfast limited, in the restaurant. I know that we do not have omelets or hard boiled eggs or kippers on the buffet but we do cook them to order when requested, we hope to welcome you back again and you can let us know what items you felt we were missing from our buffet.
Many thanks & kind regards
Galway
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed one night here with my husband as we were attending a party locally. Room was spotless and very comfortable bed! Didnt eat here. Loved the warm yet elegant decor. Staff, Gemma i think, very helpful. Good price. Would return more often if it was even lower!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear Antogallbee,
I would like to thank you for your review on the hotel, and that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I will pass on you comments to Gemma on reception. Our prices are very competitive and reasonable for a four star hotel but to get really good prices check out our website or book directly with us, we hope to welcome you back again, many thanks
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Just returned from 4 days at The Harlequin Hotel with a party of friends.The hotel is first class with all staff from reception to cleaning extremely friendly and welcoming.Lovely big comfortable rooms with nice bathrooms.Excellent Irish breakfast,again with first class service.Only downside to hotel was bar area,which was ultra modern and not in my opinion what you would expect in an Irish Hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
ManagerCastlebar, Manager at Harlequin Hotel Castlebar, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear Tommyrogers85,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here in Harlequin, I am glad that your friends and you had an enjoyable stay with us. I fully appreciate you comment in relation to the bar, it is modern and not very traditional like other hotels, but there are so many bars in Castlebar with great night life as well as the Royal Theatre next door with many shows and music on in their Cafe bar. We hope to welcome you all back again soon,
Lynda Foley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebar
Breaffy Woods Hotel
Westport Country Lodge Hotel
McWilliam Park Hotel
McWilliam Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Claremorris

Been to Harlequin Hotel Castlebar? Share your experiences!