““Weekend away for wedding anniversary””
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Connaught Inn

and 1 more site!
The Connaught Inn
Ranked #9 of 17 Castlebar B&B and Inns
Carlow, Ireland
““Weekend away for wedding anniversary””
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went to the Connaught Inn for our wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived Lee and Denis were so welcoming and friendly. All the staff in the Connaught Inn are fantastic. We had a great time. The rooms are lovely and the food was great and plenty of it...Too much :-) We felt more like friends than customers. Car park at the back was so handy. Location is very good. Look forward to going back again very soon

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee W, Owner at The Connaught Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay and we are delighted you enjoyed your anniversary weekend. As a new business it is great to be able to give positive feedback to the team. On behalf of Denis and myself we can honestly say it was a pleasure to meet you both and hope you keep in touch and plan to return soon.

Lee and Denis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed in The Connaught Inn and found it a very enjoyable experience. The rooms were newly renovated with private access from the car park to the rear. The bar food was excellent. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The bar had a musician playing on Sat night and the ambience is very warm and friendly. It is also centrally located, within walking distance if the main shopping area.
I would recommend this Inn to my friends.
Maura

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee W, Owner at The Connaught Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. As a new business it's very important to us to get feedback and it's nice to know we seem to be heading in the right direction. Can't wait to welcome you back to The Connaught Inn in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Best place I've stayed in a long time..... Very comfortable & excellent food service was out standing thanks very much for my stay.... I recommend this hotel / b&b .. To anyone very good value for money literally get treated like royalty love this place

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Nathan M
Lee W, Owner at The Connaught Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi

Sorry it's taken a while to respond. We have just registered to enable us to reply.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit and I'm delighted you had a great experience. As a new business all feedback is great and it's encouraging to know we are going in the right direction.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My second visit and what a pleasure. On my first visit I noticed they had rooms so this time I stayed over. My room was warm, clean and very spacious. I had a gourmet burger and raspberry fool for dinner which were exceptional in every way. My visit concluded in the morning with a full Irish breakfast (I felt I wanted to move in to this b&b forever! Well done to all and I will be back soon.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Carl M
Lee W, Owner at The Connaught Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hi

Lee and Denis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebar
Harlequin Hotel Castlebar
#4 of 17 in Castlebar
Kenny's Guesthouse
Kenny's Guesthouse
#2 of 17 in Castlebar

Been to The Connaught Inn? Share your experiences!