“Best coffee in the WORLD”
Review of The Galway Roast

The Galway Roast
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Castlebar
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Whether it is lunch or just a cuppa (coffee or tea) John, Joe and the rest of the staff at the Roast will take good care of you. The food is fabulous and the desserts are to die for. This is a top notch place to experience. close to town and worth your time...easy on the wallet too.

2  Thank Andrew K

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this place is great the staff are the friendliest I've ever seen always happy and smiling the caffe latte the best I've tasted you will always come back to this place fair play to the owners

1  Thank Jezkat
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to The Galway Roast for a sandwich and a pot of tea. I was disappointed with the experience. I would not go back again. I ordered a sandwich and a tea. The tea arrived. I waited...and waited....and then had to ask a waitress for milk. The sandwich arrived. I like salt. After my sandwich came I looked for a salt seller on a neighbouring table...which I could use. No joy....and I had to ask for salt. Milk and salt are... standard condiments which should not have to asked for in a restaurant/coffee shop. I enjoy tea. I do not want specialist tea....just decent tea. I did not enjoy the teapot of tea provided at The Galway Roast. I suggest you improve on the quality of the tea bags you use. The coffee shop is clean and spacious. I delt with four members of staff for my simple order. I suggest the Galway Roast in Castlebar invests in staff that know what they are doing.

5  Thank Kittybella
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stopped off in castlebar, the location of this coffee shop, in the towns main car park is excellent. We popped in for coffee and were pleasantly surprised. There room is large with some booths and free stand tables. There is a large self service style counter but they do table service. We had excellent coffees with a delightful begal and a fruit scone. There were other options of sandwiches, paninis, the usual coffee shop fare, our appetites did not lend US to sample them but they looked really great on the other customers plates. The staff were friendly and hard working. Great location and great food. Would recommend.

1  Thank ryan f
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had lunch here, food was good and staff were so friendly. I was served by at least 3 different staff members and all so friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be working there. It really made it a lovely lunch hour.

2  Thank banbh