“Good Food & Friendly service”
Review of Seasons - CLOSED

Seasons
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Foxford, Co. Mayo Ireland
“Good Food & Friendly service”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were in Castlebar on Wednesday last 20/3 and wanted a fairly quick bite to eat. We chose Seasons as we had eaten there previously and always enjoyed the food. When we entered the restaurant we noticed that we were after the 'early bird' cut off time of 7pm. We were given the early bird menu anyway along with the a la carte without any fuss, which was great. We both chose off the early bird. I mentioned that I was gluten intolerant and the server came back very quickly to say the neither of the choices I had made were totally gluten free. She allowed me to choose from the a la carte, again without fuss. The food was really good and beautifully presented. I had a starter of scallops and a main course of lamb burger. My husband had brushetta and steak burger. The menu has a number of nice twists which is refreshing. I have had their turkey fusion on a couple of previous occasions and it has always been excellent. This is a lovely restaurant and should be on top of both locals and visitors lists to Castlebar. The bill was very reasonable and both meals were charged under the early bird price even though I had to choose from a la carte. We will definitely be back again.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Mary R

Ireland
“Definitely recommend”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

As you'll see below I was here at Xmas and decided to pay another visit at the weekend - I was not disappointed. The food here is very good and has a good variety. I find a lot of the places in Castlebar are either Italian or Indian etc. but this place has something for everyone. Staff are very nice and service was good. I would go as far as saying its a hidden gem.

1 Thank caoimdee
Mayo
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal here. Such a choice on themenu it's hard to decide what to have. Had the special of monkfish and mussels, just divine. But everything we had was divine. Cant wait to go back again. Very friendly service, just right. You can enjoy your meal in privacy but know that someone is nearby to help. Great place to eat, both downstairs in the bar or upstairs at the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Patricia M
Ireland
“Great food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a really fab meal here over the Xmas. I started with the wings which were good. Most people had the steaks (which were massive) and all thought they were really nice. I had the turkey stirfry which was very good. There was a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant and we went downstairs to the pub afterwards which had a great buzz. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank caoimdee
Castlebar, Mayo, Ireland
“christmas party”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

just had xmas party at this restaurant,great food great staff great atmosphere if you are looking for gourmet food at a reasonable price give them a try!!!!

• Visited December 2012