“Fantastic Staff and Atmosphere”
Review of Helena Chocolates

Helena Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Castlebar
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I would visit the cafe the odd time for a coffee or something to eat, the food is usually very nice and the staff there are probably the nicest in Castlebar.

I was blown away by the late night chocolate themed menu that they hold about once a year. The presentation was unlike anything ive ever seen and the food combinations were really great.

I would reccomend for anyone whether your looking for something sweet or savory, fantastic atmosphere created by the people who work there.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I went here on a very wet January afternoon with my baby, And asked the young girl to get me a Babychair and she told me they didnt have one!!!! She didnt even say sorry i had my baby out of the pushchair to feed him he was crying i was so annoyed as i will never go back, I alway go here for a bite to eat while in town but no babychair do they not welcome babys???? Anyway i had to pack up my baby and head elsewhere in the rain where i was treated much better.

3  Thank Ann C
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I happened to pass by at night and was drawn to the chocolate display. I returned another day and had the most amazing carrot soup, perfect for a cold day. The open ham sandwich sealed the deal. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a little chocolate café on a quiet side street in Castlebar. It served delicious coffee and chocolate and cakes and had really good service! Would definitely go again, it had a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

It's very, very difficult to pass Helena Chocolates without thinking "Oh, I'll just have a coffee" - and then you're inside, ordering Afternoon Tea, pastries or Chocolate Fondue (which you try to tell yourself is a light option because it comes with fresh fruit, and surely that balances out the hot chocolate sauce and marshmallows, right? ^^). On more virtuous days, of course, the open sandwiches are divine, and the soups are wholesome and yummy... but it's very hard to be virtuous when you're surrounded by handmade choccies.