I've stayed at Lough Lannagh on two occasions. The first time was at the end of May when my son and I used the campsite for 3 nights, the second was following a canoe trip on Lough Corrib with a group of 12 paddlers.
The camping areas are slightly elevated and pretty flat making good pitches. Your right beside the gym of which you have full access to....not on this trip. Water, toilet and showering facilities are close by and very clean, you do have to share them with the caravan/mobile home users.
We had great weather and enjoyed 3 lovely evenings sitting outside our tent.
I spent another night there in August with a group of paddlers. We had booked the large conference hall rather than campsite but instead were given 3 rooms in the main building at the same rate.
The staff were all very helpful and the accommodation was excellent for what we paid. The price also included a very good breakfast, just what was needed after a night out in Castlebar.
The general area has a lot to offer, Castlebar is great for shops, pubs, restaurants and has good cinema as well. Lough Lannagh village sits right on the Lough and is really pretty with a nice path to follow around the lough. If your trip includes a stop in the Castlebar area then you'll not go far wrong staying at the Lough Lannagh Holiday Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village is a weather independent place to stay for visitors to Mayo and the surrounding area. We offer B&B, self-catering, caravan & camping and group accommodation for visitors as well as meeting rooms for conferences & workshops and cafe facilites for a quick bite to eat. Mayo's newest tourist route (opening Fall 2015) (The Greenway Walking and Cycling Route) passes through the grounds of Lough Lannagh Holiday Village. Individuals and groups welcome, special diets catered for, wheelchair and family friendly. Self Catering Castlebar & B&B Mayo Tourist Accommodation Whether you're looking to go on a family holiday, somewhere to stay for the night or you need to book your group in for a meeting or break, talk to us at Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar - we're sure we can help you. So what do you need? We have facilities for Bed and Breakfast, self catering holidays, conferences, meetings and groups of all sizes. See Tripadvisor for reviews. Whether staying for one night or a bit longer,, can offer excellent value, with terrific individual and group accommodation in a great location in Mayo, with so much going on Lough Lannagh Lodge AA 3 Star guest accommodation (24 ensuite bedrooms) Lough Lannagh ITB 4 star Self catering houses (11 cottages with in total 36 ensuite rooms. Lough Lannagh Caravan Park, ITB 3 star, 20 hardstanding bays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lough Lannagh Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Hotel Castlebar
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar