If your idea of a great place to stay is hostel-type accommodation where general upkeep is not top of the list of priorities and cleanliness is questionable at best, this is the place for you.
We arrived at Lough Lannagh Lodge expecting a good standard of 3 Star accommodation and were sadly disappointed. After a five hour journey with two elderly parents, we made the decision to stay the night even though I could hardly believe what we were greeted with in the reception area. Some flash or domestos wouldn't've gone amiss. It got worse from there. The rooms needed a total upgrade - painted and a deep clean. The carpet was worn, the chair in the corner of the room was dirty and the curtains would benefit from a deep clean - or changed - the style is from the 1990s. As for the bathrooms, they need ripped out.
Maybe it was 3 star when it was built but it certainly isn't now.
On a positive note, the staff were friendly and the exterior and setting is lovely. I will say that the bed linen was freshly laundered (if worn). The Lodge is inappropriately sold at the moment though via the website as it is not as portrayed. Very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village is a weather independent place to stay for visitors to Mayo and the surrounding area. We offer B&B, self-catering, caravan & camping and group accommodation for visitors as well as meeting rooms for conferences & workshops and cafe facilites for a quick bite to eat. Mayo's newest tourist route (opening Fall 2015) (The Greenway Walking and Cycling Route) passes through the grounds of Lough Lannagh Holiday Village. Individuals and groups welcome, special diets catered for, wheelchair and family friendly. Self Catering Castlebar & B&B Mayo Tourist Accommodation Whether you're looking to go on a family holiday, somewhere to stay for the night or you need to book your group in for a meeting or break, talk to us at Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar - we're sure we can help you. So what do you need? We have facilities for Bed and Breakfast, self catering holidays, conferences, meetings and groups of all sizes. See Tripadvisor for reviews. Whether staying for one night or a bit longer,, can offer excellent value, with terrific individual and group accommodation in a great location in Mayo, with so much going on Lough Lannagh Lodge AA 3 Star guest accommodation (24 ensuite bedrooms) Lough Lannagh ITB 4 star Self catering houses (11 cottages with in total 36 ensuite rooms. Lough Lannagh Caravan Park, ITB 3 star, 20 hardstanding bays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lough Lannagh Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Hotel Castlebar
- Lough Lannagh Holiday Village Castlebar