“Best roast in town!”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

By far this is best place in the country for a Sunday roast. You can eat in or take away! Rib roast is cooked to perfection with homemade Yorkshire puddings, selection of veg including red cabbage makes this place the best of the best.

Be warned though the portions are huge! On a full beef dinner I once got 6 slices of beef!

The man at the till (presume he’s the owner) makes every customer feel like they are the only customer he’s ever had. Thanks everyone and tries to make conversation even during busy periods.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Once again I have to say we had the most scrumptious lunch in The Bay Leaf Castlebar. I was after arriving in Knock airport from England so it was the senisible thing to have lunch on our way home.
The resturant was packed with a queue way outside the door waiting to be seated. But the manager was seating people as others were leaving. What I loved about the wait was everyone who was coming out after their meal was saying to us " Don't worry, the food is worth the wait"
I have to say we were only about ten minutes waiting to be seated. And the customers were right . The food was wonderful. I had beef with beautiful veg & mash. My husband had bacon beautiful black pudding stuffing veg & chips. To top it off I had the roulette as dessert.
I suppose the nicest compliment is that it was so nice I said to my husband that I would love to be starting the meal again. Not because I wasn't satisfied but because I enjoyed it so much. But I have to add that the staff are so friendly & obliging . Well with a visit!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

The Bay Leaf is a really family friendly restaurant. Catering to all tastes they achieve a really high standard. The staff are friendly and efficient and always on hand without being intrusive. Based as it is within Horkans Garden Centre there is disabled parking on hand and toilets for those who may be differently abled. The restaurant is wheelchair accessible and there are very comfortable seating areas on hand. There is also a child friendly area where little ones can play safely. Highly recommended. After your meal you can spend a leisurely half hour or more visiting the small animal area or the garden centre itself.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I've had dinner here on several occasions, the food is so fresh and perfectly cooked. They have a good menu with very nice deserts

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Lunch starts at 12 so we were told! not really they only started taking orders at 12.05. I thought serving staff were friendly and cheerful, not here! You feel like you are bothering them. The waitress who tuck our order was drinking behind the counter, she defintely does not her job. After 35 mins when our lunch did not arrive, I went up to say we were leaving. They are not professional! Amateur hour. The most professional staff member was the young friendly guy clearing tables.

1  Thank Daniel C