“A pleasant interlude” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bay Leaf Restaurant

The Bay Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Castlebar
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mullingar
“A pleasant interlude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Spacious bright and a good menu though the portions are on the small side. I has the Goats Cheese & filo pastry with two salads. The salads were plentiful but the triangles of cheese & pastry were tiny. It was served with a portion of good chunky home made chips. Regrettably the chips were doused in salt & vinegar before they were served and was not to my taste. The service was slow though the restaurant was very busy on the day we visited. If you like a quiet environment this is not the place for you. There were lots of young families with the associated noise. However I would return if I was in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul O, Public Relations Manager at The Bay Leaf Restaurant, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello Veronica L,

Many thanks for your recent 4* rating for The Bay Leaf Restaurant. We have noted your comments about our menu and quality of service.

Having traded for 3 years at our current location we are proud of our “home-cooked” ethos and regret that the service during your visit may have taken from your overall dining experience.

Situated as we are in a family oriented lifestyle centre and less than 5 minutes from the Turlough Park House – National Museum of Ireland, your visit coincided with as you mentioned “lots of young families”…..which we now find is the norm at weekends and out of school hours.

We are pleased that you described our establishment as “pleasant” and delighted that you would return should you be in the locality.

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Group Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

great menu food fantastic great space to accomadate buggies and children nothing too much trouble!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank cary-ann
Ireland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We went for Sunday lunch & I was very disappointed. The beef was the fattiest beef I have ever been served & the broccoli was hard! Although the portion was massive I think it was just to cover up that I didn't get one slice of proper beef.

I got a half portion dinner for my 3.5 yr old & was charged €8.95 which I thought was ridculous.

Dessert of pavola was very nice but overall we were very disappointed.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paul O, Public Relations Manager at The Bay Leaf Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Hello Caoimdee,

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor. We were also disappointed to see you didn’t have an enjoyable dining experience with us on your recent visit. The matters that you raised have been addressed and we would be delighted to say “hello” to you, should you wish to stop by and eat with us again. We are certain that your next experience will be “pavlovaesque.”

Paul O Neill