“Busy but worth waiting for...”
Review of Rua Deli

Rua Deli
Ranked #23 of 61 Restaurants in Castlebar
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I love the food in this café but can never leave without a range of goodies from the deli counter to take home (nettle cheese is a favourite!) There is usually a queue half way up the stairs but if you have the time, it is well worth the wait. I brought a friend here on one visit and we had the Mayo tapas platter and elderflower cordial. Gorgeous!

1  Thank MarieM03

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have heard good things about this restaurant for a long time. Passing through Castlebar... I decided to put the recommendations to a test. The food I received to my table was good and tasty. However I did wait too long in my opinion to provide an item from the " specials" menu. I did receive prompt and efficient service from the staff member wishing to process my laser card in settlement. Please apply your payment procedure model to the rest of your customer service regime and you are sorted. I have given this deli an average score....solely on the poor service I received on the day.

1  Thank Kittybella
Reviewed December 1, 2013

What we had was good but very expensive for what it was. It was so cramped we felt like we were sitting with the next table poor value for money

2  Thank Ethel96
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Love the breakfast, the lunch, the takeaway, the fishcakes, savoury tartlets, pasta, the cake bites, OMG, EVERYTHING..Love buying hampers for people and introducing Rua to others..salivating now..

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a local place for me and I have visited this place a few times, yesterday I dined for the first time, I stopped here for coffee and I had a dessert too, honestly probably the best chocolate brownie I have ever tasted. However, the bill left a little sour taste in my mouth at nearly €16 for 2 coffee and 2 chocolate brownies was a bit steep. I have visited here for take away products such as salads and soup for lunch and can only say that the soup is always good and salads are full of flavour. So I suppose the question boils down to 'would I eat here again' well definitely for a take away, and if I'm flushed maybe I would treat myself and dine but that wouldn't be too often