“desserts to die for”

Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Castlebar
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Best Gastro Pub Mayo 2011, 2012 and 2013 & Best Gastro Pub Connaught 2012 at the RAI awards.Awarded Best Chef Connaught by Good Eating Guide 2013.
Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“desserts to die for”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

have been here a couple of times and each time the food has been lovely,this time i had the roast beef and for dessert the most fabulous apple crumble and custard.I would reccommend booking as it is always packed and there is not a huge amount of seating but do not leave castlebar without a visit

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Wesport Ireland
“Good Gourmet bar food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Good food, good venue, friendly staff and service. Just wish they catered more for people who want to eat healthy (less chips, pizza and coleslaw!). Their prawns in filo pastry salad with nuts, seeds and warm potatoes witih mango chutney mayonnaise is my favourite dish. Would love to see more salads and healtier options otherwise can't fault Bar One. Always busy, probably best to book at table at weekends. No other competition for them in Castlebar. The town is serviously lacking good restaurants, gourmet bar food venues. Have to travel to Galway or Sligo for those.

• Visited February 2013
Castlebar, Ireland
“Going from good to great”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I with our two daughters and their two baby girls wanted to have a nice lunch before our daughter and her baby returned to Calgary, Canada this week.We decided on Bar One and it was a fantastic choice. The staff were friendly and welcoming and there was great space for two buggies at our table. We all had something different from the lunch menu which was very reasonably priced. All our meals were top quality and very well presented.We have been to Bar One previously and were impresses but were amazed this time at the continuous improvement in everything that they are doing. We would definitely recommend it. Well done Bar One!
Tom C

• Visited April 2013
Castlebar
“One of the best in castlebar”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here on a few occasions, I've had many options on the menu and have never been disappointed, my partner (a fussy eater) also never been disappointed. The service is second to none, the atmosphere is very relaxing and food speaks for itself, I am a local and if I was asked to recommend any restaurant in castlebar, this would be top of the list. I know when I go here I will be happy leaving. Personal favourites are duck rolls for starter and chicken and bacon wrap for main and that mud pie for dessert is melt in the mouth.

• Visited February 2013
Mayo
“Epic Burgers!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have visited Bar one several times and I always have a burger, its my favorite! my friend i cecelia and they looked after her needs. the establishment itself is very contemporary and a great atmosphere. The staff are friendly and inviting and looked after us well. Looking forward to a return visit!

• Visited December 2012