“Excellent Tapas”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Tapas”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went to D'vine for the first time last night and i was very impressed. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had 9 tapas between us.....it was a long hard day. A couple of drinks each, we took advantage of their 3 tapas and a glass of wine deal for 15 euros. I had two beers, which there was a wide selection and my partner had red wine. We had for food, Fried potatoes, squid, calamari, chicken wings, meatballs, black pudding and garlic mushrooms on brioche. All of which were very nice and well presented.
All in all a very good evening and very enjoyable and we will certainly be back.

2 Thank youngmiserablegit

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Try it!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just got done eating here with my family and it was a lovely experience. The food was delightful, flavorful and well prepared. I had the tapas tasters (a choice of three with a glass of wine for 15!) For three of us it was just under 55 and one of the better meals we've had during our stay to Ireland. Nice variety of choices that aren't tapas as well.

The service was also very good and our waitress (also the owner) was very friendly and accommodating.

Any of the issues about waiting to get food is simply a result of this being a family owned restaurant at the will of the unpredictable nature of customer flow! Certainly not something we experienced.

On top of it all the atmosphere was lovely with good lighting and not in any way over bearing.

1 Thank iwantmyvacation
Dublin, Ireland
“Extremely friendly staff but food was mediocre”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The people who worked there could not have been nicer but I didn't think that the food was great. I got a creamy mushroom pasta and I found it incredible sickening.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laura C
Marcmicallef, Manager at D'Vine, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Hi there, thanks you for your review. I am very sorry that your meal did not please you & as I'm sure you can see many of the other reviewers have really enjoyed their meal. We aim to please all of our guests so therefore provide and extremely vast menu with many options. I hope that your last visit will not discourage you from returning and trying something else on our menu. Don't hesitate to ask one of the waiters to help find something that I'm sure you will love.

Sorry again that you didn't enjoy your meal,

Hope to see you again @ Dvine
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“laid back”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have eaten in this quaint basement restaurant several times recently. Fabulous anti pasti - meat or veggy option is my favourite, although they make a fabulous pizza too!

1 Thank sand540
Kilbeggan, Westmeath, Ireland
“A Hidden Delight!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Fabulous food, excellent service, relaxed atmosphere, oh did I mention fabulous food?!

We (6 of us) all had different starters, and tasted everything. I can highly recommend the Trio of Dips, particularly the red pesto, which I am looking forward to being able to buy in the future!

As for mains, I had the wild mushroom tagliatelle which was most definitely DIVINE! The portion size was brilliant, you definitely won't leave hungry!

Had a slice of lemon meringue pie with some tea to finish (only two of us ordered dessert as the meal was wonderfully filling!). The pie was the perfect combination of pastry (not too thick), lemon (not overpowering) and meringue (held together lovely).

As for service, the servers were attentive, polite and helpful with any questions we had and a good knowledge of the menu.

All in all, an absolute fab night out, and will definitely be back and recommending to friends and family!

2 Thank Emma C