“Still talking about it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of D'Vine

D'Vine
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Drogheda
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
N. Ireland
“Still talking about it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

This restaurant is fantastic! If we lived near Drogheda we would really frequent it much too often. The restuarant is really atmospheric and the food is outstanding. It is also excellent value for money. We really enjoyed the experience and the food and would highly recommend it. Staff are also really welcoming and efficent, they couldn't do enough for us. Well worth a visit!

• Visited March 2011

Louth
“New location is perfect, but the food quality has suffered as a result”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

D,vine would have been one of my favourite small restaurants. Good hearty food presented with style and panache.
But D' vine has moved to a larger premises and the heart of this great restaurant I think has been lost in the move.
We decided to try out D'vine in its new location, the premises is warm and welcoming with lots of nooks and crannys for secluded tete a tete's. The restaurant now seats about 70 people at a sitting, in its old location 30 people at one sitting was a tight squeeze, but that was part of the charm.
We ordered from its set dinner menu, €21.95, which we had enjoyed many times in its old location. But the move has affected whats on offer on the set menu, supplements for most of the dishes, including the fish, duck, lamb and of course the steak.
Now come on guys, why oh why have a set menu at a great price and then spoil it by adding supplements for almost all of the main courses.
I ordered the veg antipasti as my starter with the lamb shank to follow (€3 supplement)
Himself ordered the Aztec sweetcorn soup with the Beef Bourginon to follow.
The starters were lovely, tasty and nicely presented. But our mains were not a success, the mash with the lamb was too salty, the bourginon came out what looked like a hot lamp skin on it,it's accompanying bread was charred and the wedges accompaniment was a disappointment, they were not cooked evenly, some were hard in the middle, others were fine.
My Dessert was great, a Chocolate mouse served in a coffee cup, good chocolate taste, creamy consistency served with whipped cream and a chocolate swizzle stick. But the baked Baileys cheesecake was dreadful, chewy and there was definitely no Baileys flavour or scent coming from the cheescake. For somebody who drools at the thought of Baily's cheesecake, he was so disappointed with this offering.
Maybe we got them on a bad night, but if you are going to offer a set menu, make sure the bulk of the dishes on it do NOT incur a supplement.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank hayzelllady
dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“stupid prawns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

myself and my wife enjoyed our evening meal last night (friday) in devine.it,s a great place with good food and wine. i had a prawn dish as a main course and while they were very nice the prawns still had shells on.i have no problems shelling prawns but they were covered in a thick sauce which is ridicolus as the only way to get at the prawns is to dig through the sauce and try shelling them.yes ,very messy.its just stupid to serve prawns with shells on in sauce.
i didnt complain at the time to save embarrasment.

• Visited January 2011
Ireland
“The name says it all...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

What can i say about D'VIne, well apart from moving to a new bigger and better location, the service, food and whole night in general were excellent.

From being met at the door by the owners, and sitting at the table, the service was with a smile, efficient and attentive.

Myself and my wife were regular visitors to the 'old' D'VIne, but enjoyed the new location greatly.

We started off with a nice white wine, which was remembered by Sonia, the owner from our last visit.

We then ordered brushetta and garlic mushrooms for starters, which were served in time, but enough to relax into the evening.. anyway unlike other reviews.. who want's be rushed out a meal??

Mains we had the excellent rib eye steak special, served on a large wooden board, novel and a great touch, penne pasta for the other half... in fairness, as usual the food we brilliant, it left you full, but in a way wanting more!!!

Desserts followed, then a nice chill out period while we relaxed into the evening.

New D'Vine has lost nothing in the move, simply got better!!

Congrats on the place, best place in town, and not to be missed.

Well done to all in D'VIne.

Martin and Rhona.

Drogheda
“Very disappointing.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

Seven of us recently spent an evening in D'vine for my birthday. I was really looking forward to the evening, but to be frank the food was quite poor. The seafood rissotto was filled with very poor quality frozen seafood. My 10 year old son commented that they couldn't have found smaller bread to make the bruschetta! However, by far our overwhelming feeling from the evening remains an unwelcome one. The service was appalling. I won't go into vast detail but it took 40 minutes from clearing the plates to being given dessert menus. At this point we gave up and left. My husband went to pay the bill and when he pointed this out he was told he was exaggerating! Even if he was, I thought this was a very poor response. WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING. It was my birthday and it felt like an ordeal rather than a treat. Given the times we live in here in Ireland I resent paying my hard earned money for very poor service and mediocre food.

7 Thank Tierworker
soniamicallef, Owner at D'Vine, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
I am so sorry that this was your experience in our restaurant . It would be a great help to me if I could find out what happened so it will never happen again. I have worked so hard and would hate to think my staff are treating customers like this . Apologies again .
SONIA