Scholars Townhouse Hotel
Glenside Hotel(Drogheda)(Great Value!)
$115
$122
Agoda.com
The d Hotel(Drogheda)(Great Value!)
$170
$150
Westcourt Hotel(Drogheda)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewschristian brothersrooms are smallfour poster bedpresidential suiteold worldbeautiful buildingmain coursechowderan overnight staylovely foodbar and restauranttop classtown centrefull irishlovely hoteldublin airportboyne valley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staff at Scholars Hotel are great. "Yes, we can do that" is all I heard 99% of the time. 1 time I heard yes and it did not happen happen. Thats Ok. But remember Drogheda Hoteliers. "Your Job is not to forget". I loved the location of this Hotel and I love the sound of the Children at School at 8am. " Dia Dhuit" meaning God go with You and Dia Mhuire Dhit meaning May God and Mary go with you. The Children can speak Gaelic and they spoke to me as I entered the Hotel. Very pleasant if you are an ex pat returning home from abroad. The food is excellent and the waitress is awesome. You really feel like a special guest. The grounds are very beautiful and I just love this building. Great people at reception including the Manager. Very helpful.

The car park is Gravel and can be heard loudly as taxi's drop of people at 3, 4 and 5 am beneath the windows. This needs to be addressed. Someone needs to spend 30,000 euro on a real blacktop car park and allow me to sleep please. I hate the mirror on the wall. Who wants to see themselves when they wake up in the morning. Every morning- ah! Very Tacky. The TV's are basically caravan tv's from the 70's and totally lower the tone and style of the beautiful building and people who work their. Every character in my tv looked like the incredible hulk. I had 2 working stations. Get cable! And get some plasma TV's! Some of the rooms are way to close together and when your neighbors door closes your room shakes. This is very unpleasant if you have a busy neighbor. The most disturbing thing about scholars is that I had no control over my room temperature. In a country like ireland where it is common to experience all 4 seasons in one day this is preposterous, dated and terrible planning. Even the cheapest of the cheapest motels in the usa allow you to control room temperature.

6.3

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Finlayfilm
MarkMcGowan, General Manager at Scholars Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Mr FInlay

Thank-you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am flabbergasted by your comments in regard to our facilities. Before your stay you had emailed on over ten occasions about your various demands. One of which was in regard to a large plasma screen tv and controlled heating. I replied to you myself and explained about the dimensions of the room, television size, and one of your main concerns the temperature control in which is located on your radiator. Most people find the mirrors in the bedroom fantastic I understand this is a personal preference not to see yourself in the morning time but some of our guests like to make sure they look respectable before they leave the room. This is the first time that I have had a complaint in regards to the crushing of the stones in our car-park, €30k is a lot of money to come by and it is on our wishlist for the future. You will be happy to know that we have recently installed new tvs in all of the bedrooms that have plenty of channels and are all in higher definition. I know you have re-booked with us in December, I hope you are of the understanding that the rooms are still the same size, the carpark will also be the same. I also recall you asking me to turn off the fire alarm light in your room which is miniscule and is that of the fire alarm, I will have to leave that light on also as it is illegal to tamper with fire alarms. I look forward to your return and once again thank-you for your comments about our team here at Scholars Townhouse.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This small hotel is Drogheda, Ireland is first class. What you see on their website is what you get. Beautiful front lawn, well decorated pub inside. Rooms were great. Stayed here during a couples golf trip in 2010. A little late in reviewing, but still remember this hotel and their service quite fondly. Would recommend their restaurant over trying to find something else in Drogheda.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for a night on the way from Dublin to Belfast. We were travelling by train and it is about a mile's walk from the station, but it's worth it. The staff were friendly and helpful and the accommodation was really comfortable. Everything was clean and we had a well kept room, together with a well equipped bathroom. The breakfast was very good (don't miss the decorated ceiling, by the way). I would definitely stay here again if I had a reason to visit the area.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This relatively new hotel is right in the middle of the Old Town and beside the last medeaval gate. Downstair the Reception, Bar, Lounge and Diningroom are all very pleasnat with friendly staff and good free WiFi. The cooking in the dining room is exceptional and during our three day stay we noticed how it was packed with locals every night and it is not a cheap menu. Breakfast were also excellent with everything from porridge to full irish cooked to order.

There is a lift - really a wheelchair accessible carrier - which brings luggage up to the first floor slowly. The rooms are small - well it was a house for Priests - with the tinyest wardrobe you have ever seen. We had the "Presidential Suite" which had an ante room with two single beds before the main room with a double bed. Quiet with a good outlook but with no A/c so windows needed to be open all night giving rise to some traffic noise. The Wi/Fi doesn't apear to operate outside the central landing area where there is a guest use PC. Overall a great restaurant with rooms rather than an hotel. Great parking though and in Droghada you certainly need it.

Room Tip: Might be a good idea to see the room before deciding.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent a weekend at Scholars on 7th September 2012 and it was absolutely lovely. Old world charm abounds. Elegant, tasty meals and a well-chosed wine list made for a memorable dinner. Breakfast was also tasty with a varied of choice of meals. The level of customer servic of all staff members is to be commended. The location is also great with an easy stroll into the town centre. Can highly recommend it.