“Excellent Hotel in Drogheda” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The d Hotel Drogheda

The d Hotel Drogheda
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Williston, Vermont
“Excellent Hotel in Drogheda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was the last stop on our 11 day trip through Ireland. It provided us with one great last night before returning to the US. Our room was spacious, comfortable and with a view of the city from across the river. We had a long, leisurely supper there and finished in a pub next to the hotel. With our trip coming to an end, we were able to go to the shopping mall next door to get last minute souvenirs.

Room Tip: The guide on our walking tour of Drogheda gave a "textbook" your, giving is little feel fo...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Ardee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night after our wedding last September. The staff were very friendly, the room was excellent. It was big, modern and the bed was very comfortable. Next morning at breakfast we were looked after very very well by one the duty managers Michael. Breakfast was delicious and service was prompt. Although i am a local i would stay here again.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Well ..where do i start. The dhotel describes itself as a luxury 4* in the heart of drogheda. The location could not be better but unfortunately my experience has ruined what was supposed to be a great weekend away. From check-in to departure our stay was a catalogue of disasters.

When we arrived on Sat 20.10.13 @ 3pm I was asked to pay a 50euro pre authorisation on arrival amount. I handed over my Visa Debit (Ulster Bank NI) was given my room card and told dinner was booked for 7.30pm. The receptionist failed to tell me where the restaurant was or where and what time breakfast was at the following morning. - We had to telephone and ask! I queried if the 50e would come out of my account and was assured that no - it would only be used against payment the following morning - fair enough except when i checked my bank account - an amount of 178e/158stg was missing. I thought i would leave it until i was contacted - presumed this was normal procedure.....

The room was a superior balcony - adequate to say the least - carpet had numerous red wine stains. View was good and bed comfortable. despite being on the 1st floor (room 101) noise level wasn't a problem. We where supplied with 2 bath towels - I had to call for more.

Dinner that evening was included in our room rate. The 3 course menu was ok - not much choice. Dinner is in the pub to the side of the hotel - i was expecting a romantic atmosphere but we where surrounded my Halloween decor - coffins etc - didn't do much to help the mood. The food was good and staff friendly. However, they presented us with a bill of over 70e - we had to explain the meal was included in the room rate....

Breakfast - well we had to queue for 10 minutes for a table. When we finally got seated we made our way to the buffet and on our return found our table had in fact been given to another couple!!!!!! Not exactly a 4* service

At checkout I gave our room number to a pleasant member of staff. She advised I had 128e outstanding on my bill. I advised no the hotel had taken payment PLUS and extra 50e. I was then asked to wait a moment until another member of staff called us to the corner of the reception and explained that on arrival the receptionist had mistakenly processed my debit card but had refunded the full amount straight away - at no point prior was I told this, despite the hotel being aware this was my current account. I was not very happy at all, The manager on duty advised the member of staff 'she wasn't going to deal with this now' - offered us a discount of 50e on the bill and assured us the issued would be sorted. I advised as the refund was not in my account I would not be authorising any further transactions to be taken from the card.

Imagine my horror when I checked my account at home and seen more money missing. I called the bank who told me a further 78e was taken by a POS transaction at 12.36pm AFTER I had left the hotel. in addition the the 178e they had already taken!!!!!!!!!

I called the hotel and 4 hours later i received a phonecall from another manager who hadn't realised there staff had tried to cover up the mistake - hoping I wouldn't notice that over 200quid was missing from my account. Not only do I think it is theft, its deceitful and dishonest and not something a 4* hotel would usually value as good customer service?????

As yet I am now waiting for a THIRD manager to call me back - no reply from my email sent yesterday and no refund in my account. I am appalled. What was supposed to be a good weekend was ruined and not to mention the effect it has had on my bank account.

Customer Service at its WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank emreilly
Thedhotel, Manager at The d Hotel Drogheda, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and once again apologies for the upset caused. However we must clarify it was the hotel who emailed you to apologise and you then responded to this email to a specific manager. The manager concerned was off duty until the next evening however following a tweet from you to the hotel the manager on duty that evening called you as did the manager the following morning so as to rectify the situation as soon as possible. As you wished to speak with the manager you had been dealing with you asked to have her call you back when she was on duty. Which she did straight away and explained the situation to your satisfaction.
Apologies that you were not happy for the other managers to call you however our managers work shifts and therefore are not always on duty and we were responding ASAP to your upset. Apologies once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your complimentary nights stay.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We arrived on a Saturday and given a room on the 3rd floor. They had a wedding celebration that night and astonishingly the windows were rattling from their revelling so much so that one would have thought that the wedding was being held in our room. We were deafened by its loudness and were moved to another room, this time on the fourth floor located above their pub. The whooping and hollering of their patrons could be heard even there and you could still hear the wedding in the hallway on the fourth floor. The staff were gracious and helpful but the noise level was intolerable at best. The only way we could get to sleep was to use a white noise app on the Ipod.

4 Thank Patronofthearts
The d hotel D, Guest Relations Manager at The d Hotel Drogheda, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the d hotel and for your feedback received. Please accept our apologies for the upset caused. It is unfortunate that you did not ask to speak with management during your stay as we would have done everything possible to rectify it.. Rest assured based on your feedback relevant departments has been notified. We really do value your custom and hope it does not affect your overall impression of the hotel.

I hope we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves to you in the future and should you consider return to us I would ask that you contact me directly prior to your return at hello@thedhotel.com or 041 9877700.

Vaidotas Maneikis

The d hotel

hello@thedhotel.com

0419877700
Manaus, AM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

It's well localized in the city. But food is not good. So, you might take advantage of the excellent restaurants in the neighborhood and enjoy them. It's a good place to sleep and you can go to the mall through the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1000sPerez
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Had delicious eggs benedict for breakfast, to the room. Delicious dinner the night before in wm cairnes gastro pub. Service very good & excellent location beside shipping centre. Definitely going back.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank IrelandBee
Woodland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were particularly impressed by the staff here. The front desk was excellent in assisting us with all of our needs. The morning breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful. the hot breakfast was delivered quickly and the coffee pots were always full. Free parking was good.

The restaurant Cairns was very good service as well. We would recommend the seafood chowder and the fish and chips.

With the gps it was a little difficult to find initially, but it is on the Boyne River and next to the Scotch Hall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
Scholars Townhouse Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,356 reviews

Been to The d Hotel Drogheda? Share your experiences!