Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
Glenside Hotel(Drogheda)(Great Value!)
$111
$134
$123
Conyngham Arms Hotel(Slane)(Great Value!)
$118
$106
$362
$172
$167
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsboyne valleyterrace barsteam roomleisure facilitiestennis courtslovely groundsthe ground floorlovely hotelgreat weekendstaff were excellentfood was lovelyfull irish breakfastfrom start to finishtown centredamienweddingbarman
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 1pm and were greeted by a very nice lady. She said ours would be ready shortly. We decided to have a drink in the bar.
We were allocated two rooms close to each other and head into to town for a bit of shopping.
We used the pool, steam room, jacuzzi and sauna later in the day. Ideal after battling with the shops on a Saturday in December.
We had booked tickets for the Christmas Party night. The meal was beautiful and the whole night was managed to a tee. The dining room supervisors were on top of everything and the ladies serving were brilliant. They had booked The Seducers to play and they were great. Got the whole room dancing and then the DJ came on. The music seemed to go on all night. We had a fab time and danced so much. There was also a professional photographer there taking pics for a small fee.
Slept like a log. the beds were so comfy. The only problem with the room was that the lighting was too low, no biggy.
Breakfast the next morning was served in a bright room. The staff again, all on the ball. The dining room manager was mingling and chatting with guests which was fantastic. He was really friendly and pleasant. He even offered me a job!!!
Great day and night with my Mam and sisters. Our Christmas treat.
Had a great time. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ManagementBVHCC, Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of the Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. It is very satisfying to receive such positive feedback. I have passed on your comments to our team here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We are just back from a fantastic 2 night break at the Boyne Valley Hotel. I was very nervous about arriving at the hotel after reading some of the lousy reviews, but thankfully there was no need!

On arrival we were greeted by a really friendly guy on reception, a warm cheerful welcome! Yes the rooms are dated and some of the communal spaces are dated but everything was clean and tidy!

We had breakfast on both mornings, which included 5-6 cereal options , mini pastries,quite a few different choices of fresh fruit and fruit juices, wheaten, brown and white bread for toasting. After enjoying this , the waitresses then came to the table to take our hot food order- we all opted for full cooked breakfasts which were off a very very high standard, with really good produce!

Our evening meal was outstanding aswell, again really good produce - You definitely should leave this hotel hungry, the food is amazing and the portions were very generous. There was a great choice for every course. I would recommend visiting the restaurant even if your not staying with the hotel. Our meal was included in our package but we did see the prices and at £22 euros for 3 courses its well worth visiting!

The bar is well stocked with plenty of choice, and the bar staff are attentive and friendly. Great atmosphere!

We also took advantage of the country club, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi! They also run classes- spin, TRX and cardio pump as well as a gym to use. The staff again were friendly and full of chat and fun.

So All in all we had a fantastic stay, Great food, fantastic friendly welcoming staff and great leisure centre! All of which make up for its dated appearance!, What more can you ask for , we will definitely be returning to this hotel.

The hotel is very well situated, just outside the town of Drogheda, and about 30 mins from Dublin. Great shopping in Drogheda, we will certainly return to the town for a day trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colstep
ManagementBVHCC, Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guests,

We are delighted to hear that enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Management Team.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have spend many nights in this fantastic hotel. There really are no words to accurately describe this wonderful location. I had researched many other hotels in Drogheda but this one tops them all. Prices per room with choice of different types of accommodation, complimentary access to the leisure club which is open at perfect hours for anyone to attend, excellent and accommodating staff who will go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that your stay is as comfortable as possible and above all else...... the food.... I couldn't get enough of it. Exquisitely cooked to perfection, amazing portion sizes and price mean you walk out full with your wallet unaffected much. They have an excellent array of dishes to suit anyones tastes.
Also to be commended are the breakfasts. After a full Irish breakfast from this hotel you really will not want to eat for the rest of the day. As well as that there is a buffet style layout for the other things you may want for breakfast - cereal, fruit, yoghurts and a variety of juices to compliment any breakfast. They also are very accommodation in that you can pretty much pick and mix it if you so choose. There is even an option for kippers for people of British persuasion that would stay at the hotel and given its proximity to Dublin Airport its no wonder that I would rate this hotel above any others that I have stayed at.

While initially the decor in the rooms may seem a little dated and the tv selection is not really intriguing (to me anyway as I exclusively use Netflix so terrestrial channel s bore me now with their incessant ads) once you lie down on the bed all your woes will be washed away. There is also in the rooms facilities to make tea and coffee and while I know that this is fairly standard, many places will try to charge you if you run out of any of the supplies ie tea coffee and sugar. One particular time this happened, the lovely lady at the reception was so nice. They had run out of the single use packaged teabags that they normally provide with the kit as it was after the bank holiday weekend and there was something on in the town which meant they had a full house, so she went to the kitchen and personally brought up lyons teabags and extra sugar and milk!!! No extra charge!!! We were delighted!! Normally we would only have a cup or two when we were staying but in true irish spirit we were sipping tea all night long it was great!

Now as you can guess from my review I am a girl of simple pleasures....... and the way in which the hotel staff were so nice and friendly really made a difference, it was like staying at a friends house. I even ended up chatting to the receptionist one night as though we were friends for years (I was wandering around as I had a very exciting day coming up the next day and I couldnt sleep even with the comfortable bed calling me so I figured a nice stroll around the grounds would help. That is another amazing feature of this location. The gardens!!! So peaceful!!! It is located at the outskirts of the town and it is set 1km from the main road so you feel that you are in the middle of nowhere!!

I couldnt fault this place I really couldnt even if I tried. I have never had a more comfortable relaxing stay!!!

Room Tip: I have always stayed in a twin room on the second floor. The communal balcony area there is always so peaceful at night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DeeFlynn

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for providing us with such valuable feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I was thrilled to read that you appreciated the friendly & accommodating nature of our staff, The meals in our Terrace Bar, Our ample breakfast offering and also our leisure facilities and location. We look forward to having you as a guest at the hotel again in the future.

Thanks again for choosing the Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club,

Regards,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I understand that hotels can be a little dated but this is beyond a joke.room was so dirty it wasn't funny,mattress filty,bathroom filty and staff so unhelpful it has to be seen to be believed.ive traveled many places all over the world and can give the benefit of doubt to most places but this is truly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in..congrats.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Karl P
ManagementBVHCC, Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I find your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel very disappointing. Although our property is old in style, it is consistently kept to the highest standard in terms of cleanliness & hygiene. Perhaps this was an oversight on our part on the date you arrived. If this is the case I do apologise. Your comments about the unfriendly manner of our staff is also disappointing and somewhat surprising as most reviewers tend to compliment the welcoming, accommodating and efficient nature of our front of house team.

The hotel will be undergoing a series of renovations in 2014 so I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel has aged a bit & perhaps needs a facelift, however is still overall fairly comfy. The breakfast offing is pretty good but the dinner option was limited. Location is in a large town & finding it in there first place was a little hard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple