We needed one nights accommodation in Drogheda....and I remembered the name of this hotel from many years ago!! I checked out the details on tripadvisor and decided that it would be ideal! We were able to book a room for £45 without breakfast which was really cheap! The hotel was very nice although a little way out of town...The room was comfortable and quiet (even though there were several children staying along the corridor!) It is a very welcoming hotel and has a nice bar......The barman that was serving us was so lovely, chatty and helpful....and very cheerful....! I hope the hotel are grateful to have such a good member of staff (we never got his name, but he was tall with grey hair and very smartly dressed!!) I felt that the rooms needed to be modernised...but obviously that would be a large undertaking and the room prices would have to go up!! This hotel would be a wonderful place to hold a family celebration or Wedding!! I would definately stay here again. There is a car park in front of the hotel and the grounds and gardens are beautiful!!! The hotel is child friendly and family friendly...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boyne Valley Hotel In Drogheda is a beautiful 19th century country house hotel set at the end of a tree lined avenue and featuring 16 acres of landscaped gardens and woodland. Located just 20 minutes from Dublin Airport, this 3 star county Louth hotel has so much to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boyne Valley Hotel And Country Club
- Best Western Hotel Drogheda
- Best Western Drogheda
- Drogheda Best Western