“BV Hotel”

Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Drogheda
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in May 2013 for one night.
It was reasonably priced and the room was clean.
I didnt eat there so cant comment on food.
Booking in was a bit chaotic. It was 10 pm and it took a little while. I got the impression that the reception staff had gone off duty and the guy looking after the incoming guests was a little hesitant.

Room Tip: It is set in parkland so all rooms are probably ok. There may be a dance there some nights so probab...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you were happy with your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with friends for a two night deal. The Hotel from the outside looked quite nice but inside needed spruced up a bit. The rooms were comfortable but again needed some work done. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help.
We dined in the first night and the food was quite nice. For what we paid I think it was good value. Would stay again.
The leisure complex is a short distance from the hotel (within walking distance) but on a cold wet day can be uncomfortable, but facilities there were great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Budgie49

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the value you received.

We hope to see you back in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We enjoyed a value weekend break in Boyne Valley. Staff were very friendly. The hotel is several hundred years old and has character.
We went to the bar the first night for a meal and drink. Service was good but the overall decor is worn and could do with a refurb.
Our room was functional but we only have 5 or 6 channels on tv. Strangely we had BBC2 but couldn't get BBC1.
Our room was adequate with ensuite my husband was frustrated by the semi blocked sink drain.
It appeared to be a popular location. We did not get the opportunity to use pool/ gym facilities but saw many families who had.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siobhan2010

Dear Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Since we received your review we have checked all rooms to ensure that all television channels are available and that all sinks are working properly. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked in for a family occasion picked this hotel as had attended a wedding 10 years previously and it was beautiful. What a shock we were in for outside of the hotel very run down looking pleasant lady at reception but the rooms , we had 2 ajoining for the kids what a let down the toilet had nor been cleaned in our room and there were plenty stains to prove this. The room was very dated right down to the hairy brown blankets the childrens room had popcorn on the floor not from them and my daughter nearly fell off tge toilet as the toilet seat was barely hanging on. The bar even though the bar man was lovely and very good at his job, there was a damp musty smell . Overall not an enjoyable stay even though I could not fault the staff definately lacking attention to detail

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank lizzyd535
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to us here at the hotel and it is unacceptable that your room was not cleaned to the normal high standards we set ourselves. I would like to apologise profusely for this. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff. I will ensure that these are passed on.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is a very peaceful hotel however needs to get more comfortable beds. We stayed here for a night and it was lovely and clean and the staff were nice too. We didn't sleep great due to an uncomfortable bed. Breakfast was lovely and the staff are very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not find our beds comfortable. I would appreciate if you could contact me with your room number so that we can take corrective action. I will pass on your kind comments to all our staff.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Cheep which means a lot of drunk people, who are making a lot of noise at night on the lobby, corridor etc.
Dirty carpets, broken tv, bathroom the worst i ever seen. Morning food was ok but It's impossible to get good international food. Still sausages, eggs, bacon. There are not only english people. Other nationalities as well. Not a friendly place.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wojciech Z
Aogan, General Manager at Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We have no record of a complaint as detailed in your review. I would appreciate if you contact me directly to discuss your review further.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were staying on one side of the hotel that didn't seem to be as newly updated. The woman at the desk one day was very unpleasant as we checked-in when there was a mixup with our booking.

The triple room we were staying in had a broken toilet seat, a bloody looking handprint next to the mirror in the bedroom, and even though one of the beds was made, there was sand or crumbs on it. I was closest to the hallway and you could hear conversation and a blowdryer from a room across the hall through the walls.

The breakfast food was good hotel fair, but the service was terrible, the waitresses forgot to ever return with things that we politely requested like ketchup or tea, until we reminded them 20 minutes later, despite it not being too crowded. We had to get up and get our own cups from a nearby table.

I suppose if you stay in a nicer suite then it must be a better experience, but I don't think I would return and would rather pay a bit more and stay at a hotel like The D.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rebecca G

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize profusely for our shortcomings during your visit. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in the hotel so that I can discuss your review in more detail.
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and levels of service and it was extremely disappointing to receive your review.

Aogan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Drogheda
The d Hotel Drogheda
#1 of 1 in Balbriggan
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk

Been to Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!